Breaking News, repo man shot at...repo man shoots back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News, repo man shot at...repo man shoots back

Fox 4 says that the car owner came out and confronted the tow truck driver. Soon after, owner shoots at tow truck, killing passenger. Driver shoots back and kills owner. This happened around Webb Chap/Love Field area apts.

Fox says it's a Longhorn Towing truck. That shit just sucks man. No more details so far so who knows at this point. I've always wondered if your a repo man and get shot at, CAN you shoot back? Make your car payment folks!

A_______B________I________D_______E

Originally posted by Beaterjuiced View Post
    Fox 4 says that the car owner came out and confronted the tow truck driver. Soon after, owner shoots at tow truck, killing passenger. Driver shoots back and kills owner. This happened around Webb Chap/Love Field area apts.

Fox says it's a Longhorn Towing truck. That shit just sucks man. No more details so far so who knows at this point. I've always wondered if your a repo man and get shot at, CAN you shoot back? Make your car payment folks!
    Can he shoot back? Hell, yes. It's called "self defense". Years ago, I rode with a buddy that did repo work. It was an eye-opening experience. We didn't get shot at, but I had my head on a swivel the whole night.

Comment

Well damn, as I'm walking out the door, news says Longhorn is contracted to tow cars at these apartments. Longhorn was just driving around looking for violators when this dude confronted them and started shit.

Comment

Meh repo gone wrong, next news story please

Comment

Does not sound like a repo. Sounds like a tow from an apartment building. To bad the tow truck driver did not get shot. I hate those crooked bastards.

Disclaimer, if it was a repo due to non payment then the owner was way out of line.

Comment

i dont hate it when peoples shit gets towed from parking lots, i love it

i lived in an apartment where there would be 4 or 5 cars in the lot that had no sticker, they were supposed to be towed off but when i would call them they said they could only tow when the manager called. went and told the manager but she was too much of a pussy to give them free range to tow the ones without stickers

if you aren't supposed to be parked there or are double parked(this includes parking on the line, if your vehicle is too large for a normal parking spot then park it on the fucking street) then your shit SHOULD be towed immediately

before any of you start, no i have never been a tow truck driver, worked with them, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
              Does not sound like a repo. Sounds like a tow from an apartment building. To bad the tow truck driver did not get shot. I hate those crooked bastards.

Disclaimer, if it was a repo due to non payment then the owner was way out of line.
              if you are illegally parked, you should get towed.

Comment

I didn't think repo men were allowed to carry while on the job? If this isn't a repo then I can understand having a pistola on hand.
                G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                  I didn't think repo men were allowed to carry while on the job? If this isn't a repo then I can understand having a pistola on hand.
                  Kyle probably knows the answer to that question. I'm sure he will chime in soon.
                  Last edited by Mike; 05-06-2011, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                    ya think?
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                      you have the right to carry, anyone does.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        Kyle probably knows teh answer to that question. I'm sure he will chime in soon.
                        To be completely honest, I've never really looked into it. I'll encourage my drivers to carry if they have all the proper licensing. Tow truck drivers are an easy target. Catch one at the end of a shift and they probably have several hundred dollars on them.

As for repo work... you can bet your sweet ass I carry. I've never had to or even been close to having (or wanting) to pull my concealed. If the situation came down and someone pulled a gun on me then I would definitely make every attempt to diffuse the situation and just leave. However if they were firing at me and there was no other option, but to shoot back then I definitely would. My life isn't worth the $150-300 I get paid to do a repo.

This story really makes me think though b/c I take my fiancee with me a lot of times to do repo work...
                        Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
                        http://www.titantowing.net
                        -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

Do people still pay tow truck drivers in cash?

Comment

Here's what they are saying so far...

Dallas news, headlines, weather, sports and traffic from KDFW FOX 4 News, serving Dallas-Fort Worth, North Texas and the state of Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
                              Do people still pay tow truck drivers in cash?
                              All the time! I had to stop taking checks b/c about half of them would bounce, but otherwise it's pretty evenly split between cash and credit/debit.
                              Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
                              http://www.titantowing.net
                              -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

Working...
                              X