title issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• title issue

I got an 01 z71 but the title was never put in my name, anyway I could sell it withoit paying for a title transfer?

Originally posted by svtcobra03 View Post
    I got an 01 z71 but the title was never put in my name, anyway I could sell it withoit paying for a title transfer?
    did you sign the title?

Comment

If you have the title, signed by the previous owner and not signed by you, then yes... you can sell it. They just might want you to prove you own it before they buy what they might think is stolen.
      Originally posted by Vertnut
      I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
        did you sign the title?
        Yeah.

Comment

Yeah.
          Gotta get it registered in your name if you signed it. Texas ALWAYS wants its pound of silver, you know this! They want the taxes on the initial sale, then once you transfer to the new buyer, they'll want taxes on that sale too.
          Originally posted by Vertnut
          I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Have fun with the fees you're gonna get charged for not registering it within 30 days on top of a certain % of book value.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
              Have fun with the fees you're gonna get charged for not registering it within 30 days on top of a certain % of book value.
              not if it's not dated...

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                not if it's not dated...
                If the previous owner mailed in the form stating he sold it on X date, it doesnt matter. Ask me how I know

Edit: or submitted online the vehicle transfer notification

Comment

Attach an affidavit "signed" by the owner on the title that says "sale did not go through, no fraud intended". Draw a SINGLE LINE through your name and put the correct one of the person that is buying it now. Problem solved.

*****If you scribble through or white out anything on the title it will not be good anymore so make sure it's a single line through it.

Comment

Originally posted by slownbmta View Post
                    Attach an affidavit "signed" by the owner on the title that says "sale did not go through, no fraud intended". Draw a SINGLE LINE through your name and put the correct one of the person that is buying it now. Problem solved.

*****If you scribble through or white out anything on the title it will not be good anymore so make sure it's a single line through it.
                    I've had part of a ttile that had white-out on it and they transferred it without question. Maybe all places don't do it though.

Stevo
                    Originally posted by SSMAN
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                      I've had part of a ttile that had white-out on it and they transferred it without question. Maybe all places don't do it though.

Stevo
                      They aren't supposed to. I think it even says it on the title. But.......some of them will do a lot of stuff that's not right!

Comment

Working...
                      X