No announcement yet.

Cameron Diaz: Marriage a “dying institution”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's on the downhill side of the curve and trying to stay relevant. As stated, her relationship status has never changed. Nothing more bitter than a single chick in her 30's.

Comment

She's absolutely right - traditional marriage is a dying institution. It's no longer the expected next step in someones life.

It used to be school, get a job, get married, have a kid, get old, die.

Now people are starting to weigh their options much more carefully before they take the plunge, and society doesn't look at you like something is wrong with you if you aren't married with kids by 25.

I don't have any desire to get married, tax breaks aren't that big of a motivator, especially when you consider what you could give up to get them.

Comment

Originally posted by 88Kaufmann View Post
        From Fox News:
        Sexy Cameron Diaz, who has never lacked the company of attractive men, has declared that marriage is a “dying institution.”

“I think we have to make our own rules,” the 38-year old singleton tells Maxim in its June issue. “I don't think we should live our lives in relationships based off old traditions that don't suit our world any longer."

Read more: http://entertainment.blogs.foxnews.c...#ixzz1LUHlNavp

------------------

Can't wait to hear Smurfette's reaction to this one.... lol

It IS a dying institution because no one takes it seriously anymore. This is a world of "do over!, nevermind!, oh well!"
        Originally posted by Vertnut
        I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          She's on the downhill side of the curve and trying to stay relevant. As stated, her relationship status has never changed. Nothing more bitter than a single chick in her 30's.

Comment

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
            It IS a dying institution because no one takes it seriously anymore. This is a world of "do over!, nevermind!, oh well!"
            This...I said my vows and it damned well better be 'til death do us part'

Nobody wants to put any effort into anything anymore. It's all me me me, fuck everyone else. This carries over into marriage and that's why the divorce rate is so high.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

Exactly, traditional marriage is dead. This is coming from a guy on his second marriage. My first wife didnt take her vows seriously and split. People these days seem to think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence and abandon their responsibilities too easily because modern society tells them its ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                This...I said my vows and it damned well better be 'til death do us part'

Nobody wants to put any effort into anything anymore. It's all me me me, fuck everyone else. This carries over into marriage and that's why the divorce rate is so high.
                This is a VERY selfish world we live in. I hated it that my vows meant nothing to my ex husband, but everything happens for a reason supposedly. He's such a fucking loser now, I truly think I was fortunate in his dumbassery that set off that divorce roller coaster.

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                Exactly, traditional marriage is dead. This is coming from a guy on his second marriage. My first wife didnt take her vows seriously and split. People these days seem to think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence and abandon their responsibilities too easily because modern society tells them its ok.

Yep. If the tough gets going... You better go!!! Gotta love their fucked up philosophy. This is one of so many reasons why I haven't dated post break-off from my ex.

Comment

I agree with her. But I have been through 2 divorces. Gene Simmons is my hero now days about staying in a relationship with out being married.

Oh, and i would bone the hell out of Cameron

Comment

Man, Our way of life is so hosed....

Comment

I dated my wife longer than most marriages last...

Comment

You have been married and have kids, totally different story. I'm talking about broads living the bachelor lifestyle.

Comment

The marriage dissolution issue is a symptom of the root cause. As a general rule, folks have a problem with accountability, commitment, selflessness and things of the like. Did you know that you can get a "no fault" divorce in 48-9 of the 50 states and where there's no fault, there's no accountability.

That's a huge problem and I feel like it lends to the letigeous(sp) nature of society. There's not many, it seems, who care about honor or integrity.

Like my sign says, if more ppl would divorce themselves ...

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            You have been married and have kids, totally different story. I'm talking about broads living the bachelor lifestyle.
                            Ah gotcha, I was zero'd in on "30, single, pathetic" LOL!!

Comment

Ah gotcha, I was zero'd in on "30, single, pathetic" LOL!!
                              LMAO! Don't be so hard on yourself.

Comment

I have no problems with commitment or accountability. My gf and I also don't need marriage to honor and be devoted to each other. We'll probably just do it one day, mostly because I want to see the joy she'll get from being the princess on her big day, but it's not going to really change anything about our relationship or commitment level. I dig what Diaz is saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X