Lockheed Martin workers busted on Channel 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank View Post
    I got chewed out once when I worked out there as a contractor on the JSF project. I went to move a trash can and some asshat wanted to jump all over me because that was a union members job. I had never experienced anything with union workers before that. I walked the line where they were building the F-16's and saw what appeared to be some of the slowest, laziest workers i ever did see.
    More so than the USPS employees normally bashed on this site?

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
      Union?

Comment

Although the weed is not legal the beer with lunch is kinda dumb . If they went to a resturaunt and had a beer with there lunch no body would say a thing . As long as they are not over the limit for driving there is nothing anybody could do if off the property .
        Big Rooster Racing

Comment

There is no job in this world that would allow you to smoke weed and return to work, this one should be no exception. There are a few jobs that allow you to drink while on duty, for example, law enforcement - lol, I kid. Ok, maybe a dancer, or.. whatever...

If you've ever been in that place, it's one of the coolest jobs you could possibly have. I can't imagine fucking it up over having a bud (<---double meaning) at lunch.

I mean, this IS national security type shit ya know. Hell, it's very possible that these people had secret/top secret clearance as well. That's brave if, in fact, they do. Talk about fucking off a good gig...

Comment

It's helps them be more creative maaaaaaannnn!!!
            Originally posted by Nash B.
            Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
              There is no job in this world that would allow you to smoke weed and return to work, this one should be no exception. There are a few jobs that allow you to drink while on duty, for example, law enforcement - lol, I kid. Ok, maybe a dancer, or.. whatever...

If you've ever been in that place, it's one of the coolest jobs you could possibly have. I can't imagine fucking it up over having a bud (<---double meaning) at lunch.

I mean, this IS national security type shit ya know. Hell, it's very possible that these people had secret/top secret clearance as well. That's brave if, in fact, they do. Talk about fucking off a good gig...
              Hey dude...
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by yale View Post
                hey dude...
                what!!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
                  Although the weed is not legal the beer with lunch is kinda dumb . If they went to a resturaunt and had a beer with there lunch no body would say a thing . As long as they are not over the limit for driving there is nothing anybody could do if off the property .
                  Good point, and you're right. It's not the server's job to determine if you should have a beer with lunch or not. Becky Oliver may not have caught wind of it had they been inside somewhere. BUT, these are aircraft assemblers/mechanics. Not only is it not a good idea to drink while on the job, but I'm sure there is a company policy against being under the influence of anything while on the clock.

I too, have had a tour of the place, and yes, it looks like a great job. Not only are they f-ing upa good thing, how's it going to look on the resume having been fired from a position like this?

Anyone that has the ability and the need to put away 5 beers at lunch (I think its only 30 minutes) has a big problem, and I bet they weren't the first beers of the day, either.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                    If they weren't doing it on the premises then internal security may not have authority to do anything.
                    True.

I remember at TI years ago after softball games that were played on company property, guys would go across the street to a non-company owned vacant lot and drink beer after their game. Doing so on company property would result in immediate dismissal. On the video, the guy drinking 5-6 beers at lunch, I wonder how many rivets he got in straight that afternoon!
                    Mustangs previously owned:
                    1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
                    1992 LX AOD
                    1993 LX Drag Car
                    1995 GTS
                    1997 Cobra
                    2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
                    Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
                    2016 Honda Accord Touring
                    2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

I am in the plant about once a month on business .

Walking around there is a lot like the soup nazi episode on Seinfeld, don't cross any line without asking two, three times

And yes, it looks to me like the pace there is awful slow

Comment

what!!?!?
                        Are they hiring?

Comment

My buddy works there at night. lol I'll have to ask him if he still has a job or not.

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
                            This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I have never worked a job where it is ok to "Have a beer with your lunch" and then return to work, and IM UNION! I have seen union workers loose their job for that very thing and rightfully so.

You realize that any employer could fire you for doing something illegal or just plain stupid off property right? I remember some guys I knew that worked at Northrop Grumen and got fired for racing stoplight to stoplight on their way home one night. Off the clock and in their own personal vehicles. The boss heard them bragging about it the next day and they got canned.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                              Are they hiring?
                              Couldn't tell ya, been out of there for 5 years now. Wish I was still there though.

Comment

Couldn't tell ya, been out of there for 5 years now. Wish I was still there though.
                                Dang!

Comment

Working...
                                X