• Show
Clear All

It is just one big cluster fuck
    99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
    going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Originally posted by ARIX View Post
      I have to drive this damn route everyday! I noticed they have been tearing down lots of houses. What do they have planned? Hopefully it relieves the congestion.
      Its going to be widened, and turned into a double decker. Some of the new lanes will be toll lanes.

Comment

Well that will help, it is just gonna suck if it takes so long to complete the population doubles before they finish.

Comment

estimated completion date: 2017

Comment

Well that will help, it is just gonna suck if it takes so long to complete the population doubles before they finish.
            The other end of 183 is scheduled to be finished in 10 years. They still haven't knocked down all the buildings on this end. There is also supposed to be a noise barrier (wall), but I don't have a clue how far it extends. And obviously they wouldn't put one between highway and shopping centers. I'm guessing the neighborhoods all get one.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
              It is going to really suck to try and get to Dallas from my casa. 114 is fuxored, 820/183 will be fuxored soon.

Depends on where in Dallas. I can direct you way that can get you from NRH to Mockingbird and Stemmons in 45 mins (+/-) without touching a single freeway. Did it for 6 years every day.

As for 820, the construction is going to suck....but it's about time. I've lived in Watauga/Keller since 1980. I remember Rufe Snow when it was a two lane farm road with bar ditches and there was nothing between 820 and Watauga Rd. Now, Rufe Snow is six lanes and 820 is completely unchanged. Hell, it's been 12 years since the interchange at N.E. Mall was completed.

Comment

I have to drive this damn route everyday! I noticed they have been tearing down lots of houses. What do they have planned? Hopefully it relieves the congestion.

Pretty much covers the entire thing. They scrapped the elevated lanes.

According to their site:
                What Can You Expect in the Coming Months?

Plainview Drive
                •Utility relocation is underway.
                •Concrete traffic barriers are in place to allow crews to begin excavation in this area. The majority of this construction will be done at night.

Beach Street at the IH 820 interchange
                •Construction work is underway to expand the outside shoulders, which will allow for the diversion of traffic in later phases.

Murphy Drive / Westpark Way
                •The direct connect from westbound SH 183 to northbound SH 121 will be permanently closed for construction of a new connection. Traffic will be redirected to use the previous exit at Murphy Drive/Westpark Way.

Hurstview Drive area
                •Concrete traffic barriers will be set along the shoulder to allow crews to begin excavation in this area. The work will not require lane closures once the barriers are in place, and the majority of this construction will be done at night.

Here are some conceptual videos:

Men have become the tools of their tools.
                -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  The other end of 183 is scheduled to be finished in 10 years. They still haven't knocked down all the buildings on this end. There is also supposed to be a noise barrier (wall), but I don't have a clue how far it extends. And obviously they wouldn't put one between highway and shopping centers. I'm guessing the neighborhoods all get one.
                  You can see the plans/ schedule on the city of irving website. They will be building walls on the service road in irving before actual road construction. For any future and current project for txdot, visit the txdot website and you can see what will be rebuild or newly build. You can also visit city's website for projects. Ya wait till 635 construction begins.

Comment

wow! estimated completion 2030!??! Shit it will have to be re-done by then.......

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
                      wow! estimated completion 2030!??! Shit it will have to be re-done by then.......
                      I almost ended up working on that 820 corridor. Road construction won't began for awhile. Lots of utilites to relocate first

Comment

6 lane divided divided highway? That center area gonna be some BS tollway or HOV?
                        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Jesus, half of us will be dead by the time it is done. I guess we are sh!t out of luck.

Comment

Working...
                          X