Finally got a taste of the "low tread on the drag radial" warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got a taste of the "low tread on the drag radial" warnings

Fix The Stuck Brake Caliper On The Festiva plans got rained out yesterday, so I decided to drive the mustang in to work.

Long story short, I'm glad I can drive and react decently. Car got real skittish a few times when I got on 121 and, while cruising at 60mph in the right lane, it decided to turn about 30* to the left for no reason. I managed to pedal it around, covered both sides of the freeway and ended up pointing the correct direction in the far left lane. No wall contact, no other cars contacted, underwear were stain free... needless to say I am at home getting ready to go work on the Festiva.
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

91coupemike?

I think you've grown too accustomed to the Festiva.

Edit: Glad you didn't hurt yourself either.

Comment

Sounds sketchy!

Glad you managed to avoid contact with anything.

Comment

Wow, that sucks but glad you were able to keep it under control.
        Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
        Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
        Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
        You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Damn. That sounds like some badass drivin' skill right there! I don't know if I coulda avoided contact with anything.

Comment

Good job on keeping it pointed the right direction...

That's the reason I'll never run drag radials on my car. Of course it's my only car though. Not worth it to get in a wreck if it's wet outside, hauling kids around, because I want to be able to take off from a stop light faster once it's dry LOL
            --Marcus

Comment

I felt like I was a stunt driver in some sort of car chase movie; I've never done a 360* rotation at freeway speeds before.

91coupemike would have posted how he spun, a wheel flew off, the car went airborne and landed on his chest. Then his dad would have made him take the bus to work.
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              dont downshift!!

Comment

Don has driving skills? Coulda fooled me...oh wait, he wasnt talking about golf!

Comment

Did you do a 360 or just fishtail back and forth a few times? When I was in jr high, my brother had a VW bug. We were on the highway and he hydroplaned and we did THREE 360's and slid off into the grassy median. No damage done, but was an absolute pucker moment! LOL! Glad you didnt' hurt the new ride.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                    Don has driving skills? Coulda fooled me...oh wait, he wasnt talking about golf!
                    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Should have bought some tires instead of a lap dance!

Nice save mini me!
                      Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                        Fix The Stuck Brake Caliper On The Festiva plans got rained out yesterday, so I decided to drive the mustang in to work.

Long story short, I'm glad I can drive and react decently. Car got real skittish a few times when I got on 121 and, while cruising at 60mph in the right lane, it decided to turn about 30* to the left for no reason. I managed to pedal it around, covered both sides of the freeway and ended up pointing the correct direction in the far left lane. No wall contact, no other cars contacted, underwear were stain free... needless to say I am at home getting ready to go work on the Festiva.
                        I went head on into oncoming traffic and got clipped by a semi on 35 in a similar situation.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Driving skills my ass. A skilled driver wouldn't drive 60 on public roads in bald drag radials compromising his safety and those around. Hopefully you won't do that dumb shit again.

Comment

After flying off I30 in my Formula spinning I decided I would not be driving a rear wheel drive car in the rain without tread.

Glad you and your car made it through.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              Driving skills my ass. A skilled driver wouldn't drive 60 on public roads in bald drag radials compromising his safety and those around. Hopefully you won't do that dumb shit again.
                              They're not bald. But thanks for playing
                              dont downshift!!

Comment

Working...
                              X