Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can haz any of you been in IT and got burned out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
    Cisco Certified Network Associate? Hmmm... anyone have first-hand experience with the Cisco Catalyst 6500 and Nexus 7000 products? Ie, my checks have told me the Nexus 7000 switches are not performing well, being returned, etc...
    I've installed and configured several of each and I'm not aware of this problem. That's part of Cisco problem, the Nexus line performs quite well and they actually have less margin on them.

6500s are good, but the 7010 is right about the same price depending on configuration - so it makes a lot more sense to use those in most cases these days.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
      I've installed and configured several of each and I'm not aware of this problem. That's part of Cisco problem, the Nexus line performs quite well and they actually have less margin on them.

6500s are good, but the 7010 is right about the same price depending on configuration - so it makes a lot more sense to use those in most cases these days.
      You are a Cisco badass!!

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
        What corporate bullshit are yall referring to? I know what corporate bullshit is, I just mean in IT specifically.
        seriously ?
        the bureaucracy in IT is amazing and obvious to anyone but a fucking tard like you.
        You ask the dumbest questions I've ever seen on a board.
        I am running out of options but to block your dumbass

it was funny earlier , not im just plain worn out ....

Comment

Please put me on your ignore list futant you fucking reject. Then I won't have to listen to you incoherent, random bitchings anymore. At least not about me. I'm sure you'll still do it to everyone else though. And learn how to type in a normal manner instead of a like a 10 year old.

Comment

Anyone in here an IT Recruiter? I'm researching what all is involved with that and beginning to consider a slight career shift....maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
              Anyone in here an IT Recruiter? I'm researching what all is involved with that and beginning to consider a slight career shift....maybe.
              IT is such a broad term, need to figure out what you want to be first.

Comment

This message is hidden because StanleyTweedle is on your ignore list.

AHHHHH world of difference already!

Comment

IT is such a broad term, need to figure out what you want to be first.
                  Well that was probably just a moment of panic from being unemployed.

Thankfully, I start a new gig next week! I've been given a huge opportunity, now I just gotta make sure not to screw it up! It's contract to hire, but right now I'll take what I can get. I get to relax over the weekend and then it's balls to the wall after that.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                    Well that was probably just a moment of panic from being unemployed.

Thankfully, I start a new gig next week! I've been given a huge opportunity, now I just gotta make sure not to screw it up! It's contract to hire, but right now I'll take what I can get. I get to relax over the weekend and then it's balls to the wall after that.
                    What is the new gig?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Comment

Cisco Certified Network Associate? Hmmm... anyone have first-hand experience with the Cisco Catalyst 6500 and Nexus 7000 products? Ie, my checks have told me the Nexus 7000 switches are not performing well, being returned, etc...
                      My company is migrating all our 6509's to ASR9k's. I MUCH prefer the ASR9k - mainly because IOS-XR is more "Juniper like".
                      DamonH

Comment

Windows/Exchange Admin. first project is to bring their exchange environment back in-house and upgrade to 2010. Also, they're currently using a 3rd party vendor for all of the network support so hopefully I can work my way as a backup network admin down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonH View Post
                          My company is migrating all our 6509's to ASR9k's. I MUCH prefer the ASR9k - mainly because IOS-XR is more "Juniper like".
                          Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. We have a "buy" on Juniper... it's served us well. . We are trying to figure out the Nexus 7k data center switch series though; we hear it's having problems. Not like Cisco needs any more problems...geez, what a shit-show.
                          Originally posted by davbrucas
                          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. We have a "buy" on Juniper... it's served us well. . We are trying to figure out the Nexus 7k data center switch series though; we hear it's having problems. Not like Cisco needs any more problems...geez, what a shit-show.
                            Where are you hearing that from on the 7k stuff? All we deploy is the nexus family line and the only 6500 series that we push out is 6509 V-E.

Comment

What have you heard? I heard this from a prospect yesterday, but no one can provide any details. "It just does not work." does not help me verify the problems and push for information from Cisco.

I've done several implementations and the 4.X code was wishy-washy, but as of 5.x I've not PERSONALLY seen any major issues. I've put out emails to our internal groups of several hundred people who have worked Nexus and no one has mentioned anything significant.

Just trying to find specifics so I can look into it a little more. I'm not sure if it is ...
                              -Cisco issue (bugs..etc)
                              -Implementation issue (Design, config, lack of testing/support by the vendor)
                              -Customer perception or prejudice (Hates Cisco or the vendor for whatever reason)
                              -Combination of all 3

Juniper has some good gear and sometimes it is a better fit, just depends on the solution needed.

Comment

What have you heard? I heard this from a prospect yesterday, but no one can provide any details. "It just does not work." does not help me verify the problems and push for information from Cisco.

I've done several implementations and the 4.X code was wishy-washy, but as of 5.x I've not PERSONALLY seen any major issues. I've put out emails to our internal groups of several hundred people who have worked Nexus and no one has mentioned anything significant.

Just trying to find specifics so I can look into it a little more. I'm not sure if it is ...
                                -Cisco issue (bugs..etc)
                                -Implementation issue (Design, config, lack of testing/support by the vendor)
                                -Customer perception or prejudice (Hates Cisco or the vendor for whatever reason)
                                -Combination of all 3

Juniper has some good gear and sometimes it is a better fit, just depends on the solution needed.
                                Thanks for the update, I appreciate it. As we've spoken with industry contacts, we've heard a few negative anecdotes about the product. Specifically, that the frequent updates to the NX-OS - three since launch - are a headache, particularly for products that are running in live data centers. We've also heard complaints that power supplies adequate enough to operate a fully-loaded Nexus 7018 are not yet available. We've heard from distributors that they're seeing returns for the Nexus 7000 - a first in these distributors' experience for a major vendor's product. Those customers are indicating that the 7000 "just wasn't what they expected".
                                Originally posted by davbrucas
                                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                                X