No announcement yet.

New Harbor Freight in Arlington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have so many HF tools. Drill press, belt sander, air compressor & air tools, vises, drills, calipers...

For the most part their stuff does exactly what it is intended to do. The fit and finish of the pieces is not great but I'm not buying them for that. Buying online is risky, but if you can go in and look at the stuff it is fairly easy to tell whether it is worth a shit. The only things I've ever bought that I had a problem with are the drill bits (sharp but brittle) and a plunge cut-out tool.

Everyone should have one of their $15 drills. It's really hard to find 3 krpm drills.

Comment

I don't know why anyone that turns wrenches would bitch about Harbor Freight. They're a good reason to keep a scrap metal barrel in the back yard, since you could probably get more for most of their tools that way than the tools cost initially.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

That's great! 50¢ for some cut off wheels, etc. Awesome. Will I put my life in their jack stands, nope! But, I will I buy their tools and make other tools out of them. Cheap, disposable, and now closer than ever!
        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

I have some specialty tools that have been used many times from them and had no problems. I agree some of their shit...is shit. Hell, I'm like a kid with a Toys R Us flyer when my HF monthly savings ad comes out lol.

A_______B________I________D_______E

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
            That's great! 50¢ for some cut off wheels, etc. Awesome. Will I put my life in their jack stands, nope! But, I will I buy their tools and make other tools out of them. Cheap, disposable, and now closer than ever!
            you already have...
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
              you already have...
              Lol you bastard!!! Trying kill me off?
              There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Anyone know if this is up yet? I need a tubing notcher.

Comment

dunno, but this weekend is 20% off everything in the store, not just one item...
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                    dunno, but this weekend is 20% off everything in the store, not just one item...
                    Yeah, I saw that. I'm going to head over to the one in Ft. Worth. You need anything?

Comment

I'm on my way to duncanville to hit that one now

Comment

GET ME THE NOTCHER!!! I need it!

Comment

I didn't see one there. Maybe they sold out or don't carry it?

Comment

Anyone know if this location has opened yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                              Anyone know if this location has opened yet?
                              I ran across them hiring some employees a few weeks ago. I'm sure they will be ready soon... maybe a few months. I haven't been by there yet... But, something tells me they might open next weekend on the 10th, because they have a huge parking lot sale scheduled. Might try calling the duncanville or NRH store and asking, I bet they would know.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I called and asked, they are having problems with the city and won't be open till 8-1-11.

Comment

Working...
                                X