Pate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pate?

I took off and went yesterday. I really didn't see anything car related I couldn't live without. I did see a very cool go-cart though. It was factory built in the 1950's. It was all aluminum and looked like it was made from a cross section of an aircraft wing turned upside down. It had mountings for 2 engines. Rack & pinion steering even. He wanted $800 though.

I saw a few more, but none that could fit my chunky butt and one of my kids.

Anybody else see anything cool yet?

Haven't been out there yet. Planning on attending tomorrow.

Comment

Will be there bright and early tomorrow. Looking for a short block SBC, a clutch and pressure plate, and a four wheel engine stand.

One of my favorite holidays
      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
        Will be there bright and early tomorrow. Looking for a short block SBC, a clutch and pressure plate, and a four wheel engine stand.

One of my favorite holidays
        If you don't find one, I have a friend with a complete long block 350 on a 4 wheel stand he wants to sell. Probably needs a rebuild though. He is in Rockwall.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
          If you don't find one, I have a friend with a complete long block 350 on a 4 wheel stand he wants to sell. Probably needs a rebuild though. He is in Rockwall.
          Specs?
          G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
            Specs?
            its a stock 350 core basically

Comment

I'll give him $100 for it and the stand.
              G'Day Mate

Comment

My dad and I went today and I had the most amazing swap meet score out of the 15 years I've been going to swap meets !!

I found, and bought, this set of ORIGINAL American Racing Equipment 200S wheels in 15x4 and 15x10 in small Chevy bolt pattern !! And they are in AMAZING shape !! The guy I bought them from said he bought a 1932 Ford in 1972 and they were on the car. He took the wheels off and sold the car and kept the wheels....and has had them in his shop SINCE 1972 !!!!

I haven't been able to find the exact production numbers, but from what I can find so far, the production for the 15x4's was said to be only like 20-30 PAIRS ! Some of the guys on the HAMB have been saying that these things sell for $1000-2000 for just the pair of 15x4's and I found one for sale ad that the guy sold a pair in the EXACT same shape as mine for $1550 ! These are so old that they say "PAT PEND" on the inside of the wheel ! I'm still tripping out over these wheels !!

I guess I should stop rambling and post pictures already, huh ?! LOL ! (Sorry for the shitty camera pictures. I didn't have my digital camera with me at the shop.)

And my dad bought a pair of Cragars with 5x5.5" bolt pattern for some rollers for $50, and these NEW ceramic coated fenderwell headers for a '36-46 fat fender Ford for $150 ! They're $300 new by the time you pay for shipping !

-Aaron

Comment

cant wait for tomorrow now!

Comment

I walked it with my dad today and now i look like a lobster! tomorrow is really gonna suck. I saw a set of billet specialties wheels that I wanted for my mustang but the back spacing was off by about an inch.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue88Coupe View Post
                      I walked it with my dad today and now i look like a lobster! tomorrow is really gonna suck. I saw a set of billet specialties wheels that I wanted for my mustang but the back spacing was off by about an inch.
                      Man, with my bright white skin, I ALWAYS have to use sun screen when going to swap meets, car shows, etc. I put some damn SPF60 on and STILL came home with a bit of a red neck.

-Aaron

Comment

any fox stuff i doubt it but i figured id ask?

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
                          any fox stuff i doubt it but i figured id ask?
                          Yeah, I actually saw quite a few Fox parts and SBF parts. Saw some Ponies, an '87-93 front bumper cover, and some misc other engine and etc parts.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                            Yeah, I actually saw quite a few Fox parts and SBF parts. Saw some Ponies, an '87-93 front bumper cover, and some misc other engine and etc parts.
                            sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                              its a stock 350 core basically
                              Find out if it needs a rebuild or not?
                              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Working...
                              X