"Oh, and I have a kid"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Oh, and I have a kid"

Every man has had this happen at least one. You are at a bar/club talking to halfway attractive girl, and maybe it is going pretty well.

About a drink or two into the conversation she drops the bomb-
    "Oh yeah, and I have a kid."

Fuck. Time to turn around and walk away. You just wasted 20-30 minutes trying to build something here, and all that just became null and void. She doesn't understand why you just instantly lost interest either, and may get a bit fussy about it. Any exit strategy will do at this point aside from running away and flailing your arms in the air, but there is no good way to really handle this sort of thing. And damn, its as if the girls don't understand why having a kid and being below the age of 25 is even a bad thing. I mean, here I am a 22 year old dude with a lifetime ahead of me and it seems like shacking up with a girl running around with a fuck-token would be the absolute worst decision I could make at this time.

Anyways, what is the proper course of action for ducking out of this kind of situation, aside from the Slowhand method (attend clubs/bars that cater exclusively to men)?
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

You're 22? I thought you were older.. Oh and, don't look for a wife at a bar?
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Well, she puts out.

Comment

Ask her why she is at the club and not with her child.

That should shut her up for a while or atleast give you some good material to share with us.
        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

It's not all that bad, my dad married my mom. It was a beautiful wedding, I was only two but I remember a lot of it. We all turned out ok 27 years later. I understand if that's not your thing, but it's not the end of the world. Do you know her situation, was she left/cheated on, husband was enlisted and died serving, raped?

Many variables to be considered, hell it's not like you have to be the kids dad right away.
          G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
            You're 22? I thought you were older..
            He is in college.

DOHCTR, kids are not as bad as you think they are. You definitely don't need them cluttering up your life to get your career established though. Just say I got to go, and if she asks, just say you can't get involved with a woman with a kid right now.

Oh, and props for the slowhand joke. We have mutual feelings on that.

Comment

Just walk alway.

Comment

Tell her you have 3 and one in the oven.
                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                  Tell her you have 3 and one in the oven.
                  Nice!

Comment

Tell her you are or are going to school to become a doctor, then after you bang her tell her you were just kidding and you quit because of Obama's healthcare plan! That'll show'er!
                    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

You could just say you are married.

Comment

tell her she needs to swallow next time
                        first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                          You could just say you are married.
                          the next morning.
                          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Sounds like you are tossing away a perfectly good set of training wheels.

Comment

There's a real good chance that you're going to go through a few more relationships before you find your final one (if you ever do), so why rule out chicks based just on that alone? It could be a great life/learing experience. Start out having fun and see if an exit strategy is even necessary. A lot (not all) chicks with kids are more mature and responsible than other chicks that age. You know they put out. And it's good practice.

She has a kid, not AIDS. If you walk away as soon as you hear it, you're likely missing out. It's not like you have to marry her and adopt her kid if you take her home from the bar.

Comment

Working...
                              X