Another Credit Report Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Credit Report Thread

I pulled my credit reports, and I have a random collection account that shows up on Equifax without any information as to the original creditor, the collection account, or anything. How do I go about tracking this entry down and disputing something I don't have an account name or number for?

Why don't you just dispute with Equifax?
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

On our credit reports there is a listing at the very back that has every creditor's name/number/address - are you sure you got a full report?

Comment

It's a full, purchased report from Equifax. All it says is:
        - - - - -
        - Creditor Name:
        - Account No.: 14323********
        - Original Creditor:
        - Responsibility: Joint
        - Condition: Derogatory
        - Original Balance: $55
        - Balance: $55
        - Date Opened: 03/2008
        - Date Reported: 01/2010
        Remarks:
        [TransUnion]
        [Experian]
        [Equifax] Medical
        Subject has not satisfied debt.

It doesn't list more info, it doesn't give a link to open a dispute. Equifax isn't even giving me an answer on how to dispute it. They've transferred me three times, so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ComeAgainJen View Post
          Equifax isn't even giving me an answer on how to dispute it. They've transferred me three times, so far.

Comment

I tried that, and it referred me to another website, so I called Equifax, and that was a joke. I can't dispute it with equifax, because they said my credit report is owned and monitored by one of their affiliates, they had no information on the originator of the account, and she tried to sell me their credit watch program. That was 20 minutes of my life I can't get back.
            Last edited by Treasure Chest; 04-28-2011, 06:18 PM.

Comment

I would get shitty with them and tell them you have been transferred several times and want this resolved.

Tell them you want to be WARM TRANSFERED to whoever they are transferring you to. If they don't know what that means tell them you want to speak to someone else.

1) Don't fuck with my credit
              2) If I am paying (or potential buyer) for a service I do not want to get a run around.
              3) Don't fuck with my credit
              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Just pay the $50??
                Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Originally posted by paul_376 View Post
                  Just pay the $50??
                  You don't have good credit do you? That is not how credit works. If something is delinquent, paying it off doesn't automatically remove its delinquency or record of ever existing.
                  Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                  Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                    You don't have good credit do you? That is not how credit works. If something is delinquent, paying it off doesn't automatically remove its delinquency or record of ever existing.
                    Yes I do, i pay all my debts
                    Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Originally posted by paul_376 View Post
                      Just pay the $50??
                      Putting aside the fact that it may not even be my account, how can I pay it when there's no information about who owns/reported it?

Comment

Originally posted by ComeAgainJen View Post
                        I tried that, and it referred me to another website, so I called Equifax, and that was a joke. I can't dispute it with equifax, because they said my credit report is owned and monitored by one of their affiliates, they had no information on the originator of the account, and she tried to sell me their credit watch program. That was 20 minutes of my life I can't get back.
                        Huh? Equifax is one of the three big reporting agencies, how can it be owned by an affiliate?

That's a rhetorical question btw, if it shows up on my Equifax credit report, I'm going to Equifax to get it resolved. Sounds like the typical shell game that they play. From my understanding, the best way to dispute is in writing.

Send it as a certified letter, then you have proof of reciept.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          Huh? Equifax is one of the three big reporting agencies, how can it be owned by an affiliate?

That's a rhetorical question btw, if it shows up on my Equifax credit report, I'm going to Equifax to get it resolved. Sounds like the typical shell game that they play. From my understanding, the best way to dispute is in writing.

Send it as a certified letter, then you have proof of reciept.

Comment

Red light ticket? LOL
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Equifax is a pain in the ass! If you try to dispute it online then you will be redirected to a 3rd party site who handles their disputes per region. Then once you get there, good luck getting the dispute put in because the website is a POS.

Transunion and Experion are alot better, experion being the better out of the two. I honestly cant believe they cant give you a Creditor name though. It should be an easy dispute if they dont know who to verify the info with though, assuming you can get to that point.

Comment

Working...
                              X