Yes, another camera thread...what my wife ended up buying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, another camera thread...what my wife ended up buying

She bought a Sony NEX-5 with an extra lens. This camera is awesome. All the features of a DSLR in basically half the size of one. It's fast, low-light quality is amazing, and the price is pretty good, too.

Hmmmm, I really like this. My wife wants the Canon S90 (? or something like that). I like the one you posted better. I am a complete noob with cameras. She wants a simple, but nice, compact point and shoot, with ability to manually adjust. Make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
      She bought a Sony NEX-5 with an extra lens. This camera is awesome. All the features of a DSLR in basically half the size of one. It's fast, low-light quality is amazing, and the price is pretty good, too.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921666192716
      I read through the link, and the marketing hype makes one think that they are getting a DSLR quality camera when they are not.

I keyed in on the "APS-C sensor that is 13 times larger than the typical sensor" comment. Well, the typical DSLR sensor is the APS-C with the Full Frame sensor now the benchmark for a DSLR camera. The APS-C is about 70% that of the full frame.

That's just one example that I found in skimming over the page.

I'm not saying that it's not a good camera for the price/size, but if it were as good, the professionals would be ditching $8k pro bodies for this camera due to the size and weight, but that's not going to happen.

Comment

All the features of a DSLR in basically half the size of one.
        Features maybe. Quality, nope.

Comment

She has no intention of using it for professional purposes, she just wanted something inbetween for a decent price, which this camera fits perfectly.

Comment

She has no intention of using it for professional purposes, she just wanted something inbetween for a decent price, which this camera fits perfectly.
            I'd pimp it.

I'd actually like a good P&S to have around when I don't want to lug my gear.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
              I'd actually like a good P&S to have around when I don't want to lug my gear.
              What are some of the better P&S ones? Like I said above, my wife likes the Canon S90 or something like that. Something simple, but nice, that we can use for kid pics, vacations, take hunting, etc.

Comment

Working...
              X