Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

RIP. i am sorry to here that man. I lost an uncle to that not long ago.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

RIP, Sorry to hear about your loss. I feel your pain. My Mom has stage 4 cancer on her pancreas, stomach and her hip bone.

Comment

sorry for your loss . being a painter i have had a complete check up every year since i was in my early twenty's . blood work and chest ex-ray . i now have a cat-scan every year. i have lost too many people to something that could be treated.

Comment

RIP to your father-in-law

Comment

RIP

how did he realize he had it? What were some of the symptoms?

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                sorry for your loss . being a painter i have had a complete check up every year since i was in my early twenty's . blood work and chest ex-ray . i now have a cat-scan every year. i have lost too many people to something that could be treated.
                While CT is an excellent diagnostic tool, I wouldn't want one that often myself because of the significant amount of radiation one is subjected to during a scan. The cumulative radiation exposure itself could conceivably cause cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                  While CT is an excellent diagnostic tool, I wouldn't want one that often myself because of the significant amount of radiation one is subjected to during a scan. The cumulative radiation exposure itself could conceivably cause cancer.
                  Yup. 1:1250 people who get a CT scan get thyroid cancer. With that said, I order lots of these every day.

I wonder when someone is going to start a class-action lawsuit on that? Just a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                    Yup. 1:1250 people who get a CT scan get thyroid cancer. With that said, I order lots of these every day.

I wonder when someone is going to start a class-action lawsuit on that? Just a matter of time.
                    Shit Doc...you back me up in court and I will start one.

I have had 2 that I can remember..both for kidney stones.
                    Originally posted by grove rat
                    shiiiiiit.. i love em thick

Comment

sorry to hear that man... It sucks that stuff like this has to happen to what seems like good people.

Comment

Originally posted by V8tt View Post
                        Shit Doc...you back me up in court and I will start one.

I have had 2 that I can remember..both for kidney stones.
                        I am sure that physicians will be defendants...

Comment

Originally posted by Mopar63 View Post
                          Over 547,500 people die of cancer a year, 35,240 of those people have pancreatic cancer, and over 1,500 people die from cancer each day, today my Father in Law was one of those people, he passed away from pancreatic cancer.
                          I will miss you man.

He was a Fireman, School Teacher, Basketball player and Coach and an Old School car guy, the only run in we had in 20 years was when he sold his 51 Merc a few years back without giving me first shot at buying it.
                          RIP Donald Ray Simmons
                          Lost my grandmother 2 years ago this month to pancreatic cancer.

My prayers are with you and the family. RIP Mr. Simmons
                          Originally posted by Vertnut
                          I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

i'll take my chances. most of my family died from lung cancer . why ? because they sat on their ass and did nothing. waiting for symptoms is bullshit. by the time you think something is wrong you are toast. by the way i am 60 years old and cancer free . pet scan last year. smoked until 40 and have been a painter since i was 14 .

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                              i'll take my chances. most of my family died from lung cancer . why ? because they sat on their ass and did nothing. waiting for symptoms is bullshit. by the time you think something is wrong you are toast. by the way i am 60 years old and cancer free . pet scan last year. smoked until 40 and have been a painter since i was 14 .
                              .....and I thought I was old (j/k)

I get chest X-rays every other year through required work physicals, and if something suspicious turns up I get recommended for a CT scan. I've had two in the past 20 years, and they did indeed serve their peace of mind purpose very well.

Comment

i found out the hard way x-rays show very little. my doc actually does not like them. the reader caught a small spot on my lung last year and 3 cat-scans and a pet scan later the spot is still there and no change. could have always been there. plus it is in a very unlikely place for cancer to start. when i hooked up with my doc 25 years ago i told him " i'll do what you want but if you ever say if we'd caught this sooner it will be your last words" .

Comment

Working...
                                X