No announcement yet.

Who is your health insurance provider??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is your health insurance provider??

im finally getting the opportunity to get health care insurance thru the company im currently working for and was wondering if i was a getting a good deal....

im considered single with no dependents and i would be paying 130 monthly with a $40 co pay at regular Dr. visit and $150 for emergency....or something in that range i have the paperwork at work forgot to bring it home with me. I am just curious as to see how much you guys are paying or if y'all recommend someone that might be a better insurance provider.

any helpful input will be greatly appreciated

TIA

Joe

Bluecross

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
      Bluecross
      bluecross, but dont know for how long. Heard they were pulling out of texas

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
        bluecross, but dont know for how long. Heard they were pulling out of texas
        If so Ill go to my parents insurance which is Cigna or whatever.

Comment

bcbs - temporary plan. My employer's health care plan is a fucking joke and a ripoff all in one. Temporary contract expires in August, so I'll start shopping around again come June. Will more than likely stick with BCBS though. Was hoping my Mother could get me a good deal since she works for United, but her insurance is bordering on the crappy side, so I'm sure there are no deals to be had.
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Blue Cross here. I haven't heard anything about them pulling out of Texas
            2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
            Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
            Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
            Speedlogix Catch Can
            Resonator Delete

Comment

blue cross here also
              2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
              2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

Aetna, $25 co-pay for regular visits, $100 co-pay for ER

Comment

This is the exact same as comparing car insurance. Plans are different for each company along with copays, deductibles and coinsurance. You cannot compare apples to apples.

Most Dr's hate BCBS because their reimbursements are lower and they take longer to pay

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                    This is the exact same as comparing car insurance. Plans are different for each company along with copays, deductibles and coinsurance. You cannot compare apples to apples.

Most Dr's hate BCBS because their reimbursements are lower and they take longer to pay
                    They always process my claims pronto and I wind up reimbursing the doctor back for the difference I initially paid within a week, usually. Maybe they're a bit slower the other way around though...
                    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                      They always process my claims pronto and I wind up reimbursing the doctor back for the difference I initially paid within a week, usually. Maybe they're a bit slower the other way around though...
                      Interesting... A few doctors I know stopped taking BCBS for a while. My PCP recently started taking it again. The Dr's I work with say they suck.

Comment

Gubment

Comment

BCBS but have spent a lot of time with UHC as well.

Comment

Tricare Prime. Best insurance on the planet
                            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                              Interesting... A few doctors I know stopped taking BCBS for a while. My PCP recently started taking it again. The Dr's I work with say they suck.
                              My doctor dropped out of Blue Cross years ago. I then dropped Blue Cross and have never regretted it.

Comment

Working...
                              X