• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leah View Post
    Never pet a flaming turtle.
    Best advice in this thread.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Comment

Where is your store? I need some shit.

Comment

It is theft of service and unfortunatly it is a crime. These rental places charge outrages prices and skate around the credit industry, then they use their local PD to collect for them. These laws were actually designed for heavy equipment back in the day now these rental places take advantage of the law. Once I got all my local stores lined up on making it easy for us to file them my CID Sgt took over the process. He takes the case, wrights it up, and makes a call. 90 percent of the time they bring it back and he clears the case. Ten percent of the time we file charges. Once charges are filed we will not drop them even if they bring it back. They had their chance.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Surcharges he haz your answer

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                It is theft of service and unfortunatly it is a crime. These rental places charge outrages prices and skate around the credit industry, then they use their local PD to collect for them. These laws were actually designed for heavy equipment back in the day now these rental places take advantage of the law. Once I got all my local stores lined up on making it easy for us to file them my CID Sgt took over the process. He takes the case, wrights it up, and makes a call. 90 percent of the time they bring it back and he clears the case. Ten percent of the time we file charges. Once charges are filed we will not drop them even if they bring it back. They had their chance.
                Wow, that's crazy!
                Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                  Wow, that's crazy!
                  Yeah felony charges on a TV and stand you could have bought for half the price anywhere else is a bitch.

If the people have made most of the payments we tell them to go to court on it because that is a little much. The ones I like to file are the butheads that make the original 75 dollar payment and then tell RAC to kiss it and get ugly with the employees thinking nothing will be done. They usually go to jail and we get the stuff back.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Oh and to the OP you need to follow the proper proceedure and just file them. The way you want it done sounds like the mob. Hey police I will pay you some cash to lean on a fella for me. Thats not gonna fly.......
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
                      Its rent to own so its theft of rental property talisman. No its not a bluff. I know all it would take is one call and she'd give it back. $200 for half an hour and 15 phone calls? Thought someone might have been interested
                      That "part time job" would not be authorized by the Chief's office.

Originally posted by blue5spd View Post
                      Sounds Civil, not criminal. Good luck.
                      Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                      Look, I can assure you none of us po-po will put our necks on the line (literally) when we aren't under the umbrella of the department we work for. Plus, who is to say she will actually believe us to be LEO. I second the notion someone made above to get a lawyer. I don't quite understand the exact charge or circumstance you are talking about, but if this is a criminal charge then goto ur local PD and file a walk in report. If this turns out to be a civil issue, which it appears to me to be, then you need to contact your local JOTP or constable. I would actually start there. Find out what precinct you are in, call and as for a deputy constable, and see what action he thinks will work. To me it sounds like you have locked yourself into a civil monetary agreement which PD's are NOT responsible for. That's why god made constables
                      Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                      Here you go:

Sec.31.04.THEFT OF SERVICE.
                      (a) A person commits theft
                      of service if, with intent to avoid payment for service that he
                      knows is provided only for compensation:
                      (1)he intentionally or knowingly secures performance
                      of the service by deception, threat, or false token;
                      (2)having control over the disposition of services of
                      another to which he is not entitled, he intentionally or knowingly
                      diverts the other ’s services to his own benefit or to the benefit of
                      another not entitled to them;
                      (3)having control of personal property under a
                      written rental agreement, he holds the property beyond the
                      expiration of the rental period without the effective consent of
                      the owner of the property, thereby depriving the owner of the
                      property of its use in further rentals; or
                      (4)he intentionally or knowingly secures the
                      performance of the service by agreeing to provide compensation and,
                      after the service is rendered, fails to make payment after
                      receiving notice demanding payment.
                      (b)For purposes of this section, intent to avoid payment is
                      presumed if:
                      (1)the actor absconded without paying for the service
                      or expressly refused to pay for the service in circumstances where
                      payment is ordinarily made immediately upon rendering of the
                      service, as in hotels, campgrounds, recreational vehicle parks,
                      restaurants, and comparable establishments;
                      (2)the actor failed to make payment under a service
                      agreement within 10 days after receiving notice demanding payment;
                      (3)the actor returns property held under a rental
                      agreement after the expiration of the rental agreement and fails to
                      pay the applicable rental charge for the property within 10 days
                      after the date on which the actor received notice demanding
                      payment; or
                      (4)the actor failed to return the property held under
                      a rental agreement:
                      (A)within five days after receiving notice
                      demanding return, if the property is valued at less than $1,500; or
                      (B)within three days after receiving notice
                      demanding return, if the property is valued at $1,500 or more.
                      (c)For purposes of Subsections (a)(4), (b)(2), and (b)(4),
                      notice shall be notice in writing, sent by registered or certified
                      mail with return receipt requested or by telegram with report of
                      delivery requested, and addressed to the actor at his address shown
                      on the rental agreement or service agreement.
                      (d)If written notice is given in accordance with Subsection
                      (c), it is presumed that the notice was received no later than five
                      days after it was sent.
                      (e)An offense under this section is:
                      (1)a Class C misdemeanor if the value of the service
                      stolen is less than $20;
                      (2)a Class B misdemeanor if the value of the service
                      stolen is $20 or more but less than $500;
                      (3)a Class A misdemeanor if the value of the service
                      stolen is $500 or more but less than $1,500;
                      (4)a state jail felony if the value of the service
                      stolen is $1,500 or more but less than $20,000;
                      (5)a felony of the third degree if the value of the
                      service stolen is $20,000 or more but less than $100,000;
                      (6)a felony of the second degree if the value of the
                      service stolen is $100,000 or more but less than $200,000; or
                      (7)AAa felony of the first degree if the value of the
                      service stolen is $200,000 or more.

So, follow the law and make the required notification, if that doesn't work, call and make a report.

Comment

Working...
                      X