Auto insurance and a wreck - need suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crooner View Post
    You must not have had all the paper work to them. As they have to pay you within 30 days.

Sec. 1952.156. PAYMENT OF BENEFITS. (a) Subject to the requirements of this section and Section 1952.157, an insurer shall pay benefits under the coverage required by this subchapter periodically as claims for those benefits arise, but not later than the 30th day after the date the insurer receives satisfactory proof of a claim.
    They denied it several times because of a code on the MRI bill. I was double insured. I had switched to Allstate, but USAA had not canceled my policy. They sent me a letter about two months after the wreck, saying that they finally canceled it, so I filed a PIP claim for bills that exceeded Allstate's coverage. They would wait as long as possible, then mail explanation of denial letters. It was ridiculous, and made me glad I switched to Allstate.

Comment

What insurance company are you dealing with?

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
        What insurance company are you dealing with?
        Hartford is the insurance of the woman that hit me.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Also, that diminished policy is HUGE deal to me now that I know about it; we had only had the car about 3 weeks when it got hit. Still had the dealer tags on it. I'm kind of excited now.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
            Also, that diminished policy is HUGE deal to me now that I know about it; we had only had the car about 3 weeks when it got hit. Still had the dealer tags on it. I'm kind of excited now.
            It's not a policy or rider, it's more of a courtesy that is *sometimes* approved if you build a solid case. If your repairs are on the higher end, they tend to be more willing to approve it, from what I understand. Like most things in life, if you can manage to keep good rapport with the adjuster, they're more willing to increase the settlement.

Comment

Originally posted by ComeAgainJen View Post
              It's not a policy or rider, it's more of a courtesy that is *sometimes* approved if you build a solid case. If your repairs are on the higher end, they tend to be more willing to approve it, from what I understand. Like most things in life, if you can manage to keep good rapport with the adjuster, they're more willing to increase the settlement.
              Courtesy or policy, it's still great you told me. It's still worth a shot to try. Since we just bought the car I'll bet it has a decent chance of getting approved. It was a toyota certified pre owned, and if the wreck makes it non-certifiable maybe that will get me some money. Like you said, it doesn't hurt to try, worst thing they can do is tell me no.

Comment

What Collision Center are you using? I usually try to help my customers with the rental pains. The Hartford isn't a horrible company either, you will hopefully be taken care of.

Comment

Working...
                X