No announcement yet.

25 years ago today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who gives a fuck about Chernobyl here? I know I don't.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
      Who gives a fuck about Chernobyl here? I know I don't.
      Seeing how we've all been contaminated by it, us.

And just an insight to just how long we're talking about a Japanese recovery. The global impact is enough to make anyone sick.

Comment

Originally posted by shoot to kill View Post
        the amount of radiation emitted by Chernobyl is 2% of what the natural radiation is in some parts of the world. I'm not saying that it wasn't a disaster, because it was. no doubt about it. But they're having a hard time proving a lot of those cancer victims were directly affected by Chernobyl's disaster.

I'm currently writing a paper with a heavy emphasis on nuclear energy. so, i've done my research.
        Tell that to the first responders who flew over it while trying to put out the fire...oh wait nevermind...almost everyone involved died quickly shortly afterward.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          Seeing how we've all been contaminated by it, us.
          I guess you just pull this stuff out of your ass.

Taken from http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...www.google.com

6. How large an area was affected by the radioactive fallout?

Some 150,000 square kilometres in Belarus, Russia and Ukraine are contaminated and stretch northward of the plant site as far as 500 kilometres. An area spanning 30 kilometres around the plant is considered the “exclusion zone” and is essentially uninhabited. Radioactive fallout scattered over much of the northern hemisphere via wind and storm patterns, but the amounts dispersed were in many instances insignificant.
          I'm willing to bet that you have received higher concentrations of radiation from the sun than you have from the events at Chernobyl.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
            Tell that to the first responders who flew over it while trying to put out the fire...oh wait nevermind...almost everyone involved died quickly shortly afterward.
            You could say the same thing about anything where people died of whatever. Where are the anniversary posts of the A-bomb test on Bikini Island where all of the military personel involved died of extreme radiation poisoning? What about when we dropped the bombs on Japan? I don't see anybody saying "Man, I feel really bad for those japanese civilians that died."

Pick and choose...

Comment

Ya... right out of my ass. Just because you're not agreeing with the statement, you don't need to make it sound like you're the only one that has ever looked into the incident (if you've ever done more than just a google search).

We can go back and forth, posting links that supports our statements.

We can also measure penises and resumes from our CBRNE certifications and work experience in emergency responses to incidents involving environmental impacts. While I have not been involved in an emergency involving a response to nuclear fall out, I do have a bit of familiarity with the natural elements involved in spreading the hazard.

On that note, no, I don't blame Chernobyl on everyone's teeth falling out. I'm not saying that 90% of the world got an overexposure. I am saying that there was a level of increased exposure to most of the world from the Chernobyl incident. I am also saying that almost all of the initial reports you can pull up from the incident are just about as worthless as the paper it is printed on. There was a lot of misinformation and blatant hiding of information from many different sources.

Comment

This is literally just a few days old (released)

It is a very unbiased research report, citing several sources. It's actually worse than I would have expected.

Comment

Ya... right out of my ass. Just because you're not agreeing with the statement, you don't need to make it sound like you're the only one that has ever looked into the incident (if you've ever done more than just a google search).

We can go back and forth, posting links that supports our statements.

We can also measure penises and resumes from our CBRNE certifications and work experience in emergency responses to incidents involving environmental impacts. While I have not been involved in an emergency involving a response to nuclear fall out, I do have a bit of familiarity with the natural elements involved in spreading the hazard.

On that note, no, I don't blame Chernobyl on everyone's teeth falling out. I'm not saying that 90% of the world got an overexposure. I am saying that there was a level of increased exposure to most of the world from the Chernobyl incident. I am also saying that almost all of the initial reports you can pull up from the incident are just about as worthless as the paper it is printed on. There was a lot of misinformation and blatant hiding of information from many different sources.
                  i'm not denying that people died, have died, or are impacted today from the immediate extreme radiation emmitence. Because the fact is, they have. But in terms of world contamination from Chernobyl alone is almost negligible. Another thing to consider is that a lot of the cancer cases and studies have NOT been PROVEN to be from Chernobyl alone. While I personally have no doubt that a number of them were from the radiation exposure I still feel that the whole situation was (as far as world scare) blown way out of proportion.

Take Three Mile Island, that entire thing was a gigantic scare for absolutely no reason at all. There have been 0 (ZERO) deaths from that accident. It's unfortunate because nuclear energy technology has a bad rep because of these two incidents. I think nuclear energy could play a huge role in relieving our dependance on fossil fuels. (coal in particular)
                  Originally posted by 56482
                  only on DFWMUstangs...

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                    terrible argument.

good try though!
                    only on DFWMUstangs...

Comment

Originally posted by shoot to kill View Post
                      i'm not denying that people died, have died, or are impacted today from the immediate extreme radiation emmitence. Because the fact is, they have. But in terms of world contamination from Chernobyl alone is almost negligible. Another thing to consider is that a lot of the cancer cases and studies have NOT been PROVEN to be from Chernobyl alone. While I personally have no doubt that a number of them were from the radiation exposure I still feel that the whole situation was (as far as world scare) blown way out of proportion.

Take Three Mile Island, that entire thing was a gigantic scare for absolutely no reason at all. There have been 0 (ZERO) deaths from that accident. It's unfortunate because nuclear energy technology has a bad rep because of these two incidents. I think nuclear energy could play a huge role in relieving our dependance on fossil fuels. (coal in particular)
                      Shame on you for not reading my entire post... tisk, tisk.

Comment

Shame on you for not reading my entire post... tisk, tisk.
                        I read most of it. I'm just basing my stuff off my own research.
                        only on DFWMUstangs...

Comment

Working...
                        X