Easter question for my brown skinned friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter question for my brown skinned friends

What is it about Easter and city parks that go hand in hand?

Growing up in Corpus, I thought maybe it was just a south Texas thing, but yesterday while out and about, I noticed every park I drove by was full of hispanic families having an Easter BBQ.

Enlighten me

I wasn't aware that activity was strictly for the brown skinned population.

You sure you just weren't in brown town?

Comment

If they hide the eggs at home in their backyard the chickens sit on them and try to hatch em.
      Originally posted by Nash B.
      Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post

For as long as I can remember, Hispanic families gather at parks on Easter. It's typically only Hispanic families at the parks on Easter. Everyone else seems to do the Easter festivities at their house.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I was in north Irving, Coppell, Plano, Carrollton, and unless I'm stereotyping, it seemed like all hispanic families with last names in back windows of trucks and cars, and lots of mini-mexicans playing futbol in the park

Comment

Leah and I (plus the kids) were at a City Park yesterday, with about 30 other white people. BBQ and softball game. BBQ at the park isn't only for the brown folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
              Leah and I (plus the kids) were at a City Park yesterday, with about 30 other white people. BBQ and softball game. BBQ at the park isn't only for the brown folks.
              Were you eating brown food?

Comment

Something different is all....
                Originally posted by Da Prez
                Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                  Were you eating brown food?
                  Some of it looked kind of brown.. But I am partially colorblind so i couldn't tell you for sure..

I just had a hot dog and some potato salad.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked98snake View Post
                    if they hide the eggs at home in their backyard the chickens sit on them and try to hatch em.
                    l.m.m.f.a.o!!!
                    .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post

You sure you just weren't in brown town?
                      Matt has been to brown town more times than you've exhaled, I'm certain.
                      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

It's an inexpensive place for large groups to gather without having to worry about traffic on the carpet, spills, etc. Makes perfect sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                          I was in north Irving, Coppell, Plano, Carrollton, and unless I'm stereotyping, it seemed like all hispanic families with last names in back windows of trucks and cars, and lots of mini-mexicans playing futbol in the park
                          They're all the way up to Coppell now? Dammit...not moving there!

Comment

Honestly, I believe that its because Hispanic families are so close, not to mention large. So, when a beautiful holiday like Easter rolls around and the weather is nice, the Hispanics will come out. When I was a kid I remember our family doing this but now its just easier to do this at one my aunts' houses. This year it was at my mom's house which it hadn't been in decades.

sent from my htc EVO 4G, the iCrap killer.
                            --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                              It's an inexpensive place for large groups to gather without having to worry about traffic on the carpet, spills, etc. Makes perfect sense to me.
                              I can summarize that maybe a little bit better.

It's free.

Comment

Working...
                              X