Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i figured this was the best place to ask...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 pounds isn't much of a dog. I know both of my cats weight more than that. It's probably for the best to wait though. You mentioned your budget a few times - if you're not sure if you can afford a dog, you can't afford a dog. Especially with large breeds, one trip to the vet can really set you back, plus just the monthly meds.

Take your time, really research the breeds you may be interested in, and get one when you get into a house. Animal Planet had a decent series about all the different breeds, how to choose, how to train etc. I think they're all on line.

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/dogs-101/

Be patient - a dog is a 15 year, daily commitment. Also, please use a shelter - there are tons of great animals there, including purebreds. If you look long enough, I guarantee you will find whatever you are looking for.

http://www.petfinder.com/index.html

Comment

15 lbs for dogs? What part of town is this in? Complex full of tinkerbell dogs? lol. Maybe they thought you said cat

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
        15 pounds isn't much of a dog. I know both of my cats weight more than that. It's probably for the best to wait though. You mentioned your budget a few times - if you're not sure if you can afford a dog, you can't afford a dog. Especially with large breeds, one trip to the vet can really set you back, plus just the monthly meds.

Take your time, really research the breeds you may be interested in, and get one when you get into a house. Animal Planet had a decent series about all the different breeds, how to choose, how to train etc. I think they're all on line.

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/dogs-101/

Be patient - a dog is a 15 year, daily commitment. Also, please use a shelter - there are tons of great animals there, including purebreds. If you look long enough, I guarantee you will find whatever you are looking for.

http://www.petfinder.com/index.html
        Thanks for the links. I will be checking those out when i have some extra time.

Originally posted by orphan Shelby
        15 lbs for dogs? What part of town is this in? Complex full of tinkerbell dogs? lol. Maybe they thought you said cat
        the lady i spoke to at the leasing office said it's the cap for all animals. I'm going to call my landlord directly and see if i can get some more details on this.

i wonder if this also stands for my fish tank. because i know my fish tank is more than 15 pounds. :P
        Originally posted by 56482
        only on DFWMUstangs...

Comment

Originally posted by shoot to kill View Post
          well, i suppose my decision was made up for me.

my complex doesn't allow anything over 15 pounds.

no dog for me.
          so get a teacup

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
            so get a teacup
            Smaller the dog, the smaller the bladder and harder to potty train.
            Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
            Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
            Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
            You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

I adopted my mastiff/boxer from the SPCA, and he has been the best dog I've ever had. I lived in an apartment for 3 years and he was great. Part of it was that we had to go for a walk at least a few times a day so he could do his biz. He's big and lazy, so he didnt go stupid crazy while alone. I did have to crate train him or he would get bored and look for things to get in trouble. As he got older, I'd put him in the bedroom and close the door.

If you decide you want to get a dog (and move, obv) I would look at large non working breeds that are adolescent age you can adopt. I wont ever get another puppy, there are too many people who have no sense that go buy one and cant or dont take care of it.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
                so get a teacup
                i have no desire to get a small dog.
                Originally posted by 56482
                only on DFWMUstangs...

Comment

Iv got a litter of doberman puppies Im selling. Mama dog is akc registered and has 35 international champions in her blood line, and the father is akc registered..

Comment

If it matters, we have two labs (chocolate and yellow). We rescued the yellow one at 1 1/2 and got the chocolate one from Craigslist at 6 weeks. They have been awesome dogs. They don't bark, they aren't hyper (and never really were as pups) and they are the most lovable dogs ever.

That being said, I don't think that's typical of labs. They are 2 1/2 and 3 now and we do have a house with a big yard, but they usually don't go out unless it's to do business. We took them to the dog park to socialize and get energy out more when they were younger, but still do on occasion.

Good luck with everything.
                    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Working...
                    X