Oh the youth of today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh the youth of today...

My wife was sharing some of her stories as an 8th grade English teacher and "damn" is all I could say. She told me her whole 4th period class confused the Texas flag with the rebel flag and the American flag for the Texas flag. That generation is gonna be a generation full of laborers and burger flippers. On another note, my kids aren't gonna know how to turn a faucet on or how to use a paper dispenser, we went out for breakfast today and while in the restroom my son puts his soapy hand under the faucet and asks me why the water doesn't come on automatically. Then when he's ready to dry his hands, he asks why the paper didn't come out when he out his hands under it. It was kinda funny at first, watching him wave at the paper dispenser, then I was all
    .....bro....

Yeah, I have young family who can't get the windows down without a switch. Not their fault really, sounds more like a parenting issue in all these cases.

Of course, sometimes you can't explain something if it does not exist much anymore. (i.e. roll down windows, manual towel dispensers, faucet handles...etc)
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Every generation thinks the next generation will be the end of intelligence, yet the worlds collective IQ continues to rise, and technology and science continue to advance exponentially. I'm not worried. I've got 60 years at best left here anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
        My wife was sharing some of her stories as an 8th grade English teacher and "damn" is all I could say. She told me her whole 4th period class confused the Texas flag with the rebel flag and the American flag for the Texas flag. That generation is gonna be a generation full of laborers and burger flippers. On another note, my kids aren't gonna know how to turn a faucet on or how to use a paper dispenser, we went out for breakfast today and while in the restroom my son puts his soapy hand under the faucet and asks me why the water doesn't come on automatically. Then when he's ready to dry his hands, he asks why the paper didn't come out when he out his hands under it. It was kinda funny at first, watching him wave at the paper dispenser, then I was all
        Does she teach special ed?

I have a hard time believing this because the "rebel" flag has almost been removed from school.

And "that" generation will have screw ups as well as succesful people. Laborers are the people that think just because something is more physically difficult, it contains higher value.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Every generation thinks the next generation will be the end of intelligence, yet the worlds collective IQ continues to rise, and technology and science continue to advance exponentially. I'm not worried. I've got 60 years at best left here anyway.
          Exactly! Every generation thinks they were the bees knees, and that the new group sucks. When in actuality, they're being replaced...by the young guns. Just as capable and willing, but not as pissy about the new young lazy asses coming in.

Some of the oldies at work seem to make a career out of pissing and moaning about the new generation coming in and taking work while screwing up. If they energy they spend bitching was applied towards work, they'd invent the arc reactor and iron man their way to success.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            Exactly! Every generation thinks they were the bees knees, and that the new group sucks. When in actuality, they're being replaced...by the young guns. Just as capable and willing, but not as pissy about the new young lazy asses coming in.

Some of the oldies at work seem to make a career out of pissing and moaning about the new generation coming in and taking work while screwing up. If they energy they spend bitching was applied towards work, they'd invent the arc reactor and iron man their way to success.
            I dunno, at least in my eyes it seems like we've all be downhill generally since the 50s.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

+1 tali
              +1 ruff
              -10 A+'s kiddo

Comment

Talisman, very well put and I think you're right and no, it not special ed. They also did t call it the rebel flag. They called it " the racist flag"
                .....bro....

Comment

"&wow i cant believe theyquot;" &quotdid all that hype over ;"that flag being a stars""&and bars what werequot; &quotthey thinking doing that junk said ;" "&quo&figures say and age A+quot;";

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                    I dunno, at least in my eyes it seems like we've all be downhill generally since the 50s.
                    What have you done to help? Either leading us down hill, or improving the situation. Youre one or the other...there's no middle ground.

Comment

if world war 3 comes, you will see how smart these video game playing lumps of fat aren't.
                      pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

My daughter got a kick out of the rotary phone at the in-laws' house. It's been a while since I've seen an actual blackboard with chalk.

I hated both.

Comment

Another thing you're failing to admit is the failure of the teachers. You cannot hold someone accountable for not knowing what they aren't taught.

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                            if world war 3 comes, you will see how smart these video game playing lumps of fat aren't.

On the contrary, who do you think they actively recruit to pilot UAVs?

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                              You're an idiot if you're serious. First off look at the average age of a soldier. Second, go-ahead and look at the current trainers and simulators in the military today. War is becoming increasingly like a video game. I'm pretty sure the younger generations are in much better shape.

Comment

Working...
                              X