No announcement yet.

Met a Vet last night..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still trying to figure out how, after totaling 4 humvees, I got a safe driver award in Korea for instance.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
      I've met some 'vets' who are more than willing to explain, in detail, their war experience but when questioned they lack some very basic knowledge of being in the military. Has led me to believe that if you are willing to talk in detail about taking a life, you either were never there or something is VERY wrong with you.

However, I do know a lot of us who will tell hours of stories about just about anything BUT that.
      You have to remember that times have changed. Back in their day things were a LOT different.

Back in the day there were words like "honor" and "respect" and other similar terms that have gone by the wayside.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        I'm still trying to figure out how, after totaling 4 humvees, I got a safe driver award in Korea for instance.
        Now that's funny!

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
          You have to remember that times have changed. Back in their day things were a LOT different.

Back in the day there were words like "honor" and "respect" and other similar terms that have gone by the wayside.
          I know. I was taught old fashioned values. As far as the driving thing, I know, it's funny. One of them, I drove down a mountain, ripped it to pieces and lost my gunner (he bounced out) because they said pretend someone is shooting at me. I took off through the woodline while everyone else went down the white rock road. I figured "green trucks, white road, easy target. Green truck, lots of trees, hard target." Made sense to me. I came <> that close to getting a statement of charges for that truck until the CO said he could see my point of view and I should go green to gold.
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
          X