No announcement yet.

More out of control hoodrats...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not surprised. I'd have done something. Wonder what the outcome was.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      Too much risk to help? Then this mentality will continue until people say fuck the risk and help.
      Seriously.

I have no problems with being detained for assault if it means that I saved someone from serious injury.

I will keep my cool, present my case to the courts, and hope for a dismissal. If dismissal didn't happen, then I would deal with my charges while I went on with my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
        Seriously.

I have no problems with being detained for assault if it means that I saved someone from serious injury.

I will keep my cool, present my case to the courts, and hope for a dismissal. If dismissal didn't happen, then I would deal with my charges while I went on with my life.
        Exactly. Being a man sometimes requires being a man even when the heat is going to come against you as a result. If you have the means and the ability to protect someone, then you damn well better do it, instead of running through a risk vs reward scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
          Seriously.

This. I'm pretty sure a jury would be lenient about someone coming to the aid of another person getting the shit stomped out of them by multiple persons.

Stevo
          Originally posted by SSMAN
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Too much risk to help? Then this mentality will continue until people say fuck the risk and help.
            This goes beyond the bystander effect and diffusion of responsibility.
            They just wanted to watch a cat fight.

Comment

Exactly. Being a man sometimes requires being a man even when the heat is going to come against you as a result. If you have the means and the ability to protect someone, then you damn well better do it, instead of running through a risk vs reward scenario.
              George T. Stagg approves this message.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                This. I'm pretty sure a jury would be lenient about someone coming to the aid of another person getting the shit stomped out of them by multiple persons.

Stevo
                Not when the prosecutor gets a bunch of black people on said jury...

Comment

Shooting people in a fist fight? Give me a fucking break. I'll send you cookies in prison and I hope your wife makes good money, cause your family may need it.

The court hassle alone is enough to cause major problems in a career, much less lawyer fees and so on.

I did not get my CHL to be the savior of other people getting their ass beat. You better be...

-Family
                  -Friend
                  -Already getting shot at...

before I'm going to defend you with my weapon.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

You don't have to use a weapon to stop a fight. It's one option, not your only option.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                      You don't have to use a weapon to stop a fight. It's one option, not your only option.
                      I may have gotten off track here, but I thought that was the general gist. Or that's what got me on my first post - people talking about shooting - with all the law quotes and such.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
                        Texas Penal Code 9.32 and 9.33 apply here...

ยง 9.32. DEADLY FORCE IN DEFENSE OF PERSON (a) A person
                        is justified in using deadly force against another:
                        (1) if he would be justified in using force against the
                        other under Section 9.31;
                        (2) if a reasonable person in the actor's situation
                        would not have retreated; and
                        (3) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the
                        deadly force is immediately necessary:
                        (A) to protect himself against the other's use or
                        attempted use of unlawful deadly force; or
                        (B) to prevent the other's imminent commission of
                        aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual
                        assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery.

(b) The requirement imposed by Subsection (a)(2) does not
                        apply to an actor who uses force against a person who is at the time
                        of the use of force committing an offense of unlawful entry in the
                        habitation of the actor.

9.33. DEFENSE OF THIRD PERSON. A person is justified in
                        using force or deadly force against another to protect a third
                        person if:
                        (1) under the circumstances as the actor reasonably
                        believes them to be, the actor would be justified under Section 9.31
                        or 9.32 in using force or deadly force to protect himself against
                        the unlawful force or unlawful deadly force he reasonably believes
                        to be threatening the third person he seeks to protect; and
                        (2) the actor reasonably believes that his
                        intervention is immediately necessary to protect the third person.

I think you would need to say you thought their actions would kill her, or that they were attempting to kidnap, rape, or rob her.
                        Looked like it was close enough to kidnapping for the purpose of robbery to me.

I really think that if that had happened around here and a chl holder dropped one of the rabid animals, it would be really hard to find a GJ that would indict, based on that cell phone video alone.
                        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                          I may have gotten off track here, but I thought that was the general gist. Or that's what got me on my first post - people talking about shooting - with all the law quotes and such.
                          Simply defining whether or not one would be within their rights to display and/or use their firearms to stop the assault.

Comment

A DAD-of-four who split up a fight in a McDonald’s was shot dead moments after being told he wouldn’t see the morning.

A DAD-of-four who split up a fight in a McDonald’s was shot dead moments after being told he wouldn’t see the morning.
                            class joke
                            {
                            private:
                            char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
                            double Peas, Carrots;
                            string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
                            };

Comment

Those strict British gun control laws sure keep everyone safe!

Comment

x10. Do the right thing and worry about the consequences later. Too many people are like, "I don't want to get involved because I might get hurt".. Fuck, that! Stand up for good.

Comment

Working...
                                X