5 day old car gets hit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
    If they do, please get a different color.
    I saw one that color on our lot today. It's not as bad in person. It does look better on somelse's car, though. I couldn't live with that color everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
      Ahhhhhhh yes! The ole "that's what I have insurance for" saying. I will tell you this, this is horrible advice. Getting your own insurance involved is the last thing you want to do. Yes, if the person who hit you has no insurance, if their insurance company is giving you the run around, then get your own insurance involved. But under no circumstances should you throw up the white flag on day one. Your car is driveable so you can wait a few days to get everything worked out.

I have a friend who had this "half assed" attitude a few years ago when he got hit by someone else...and guess what, his truck got fixed but he paid a higher premium for the next 3 years. Trust me, put out a little effort to get the correct insurance company to pay for it!

<--------Sales manager for an insurance company by profession
      Call me jaded, I've been involved in 3 crashes so far and one time the guy's insurance actually paid to repair my vehicle. Was rear ended twice and backed into in a parking lot once. Oh all of them had insurance, one was driving without a license though and wasn't "authorized" to drive the truck. Rodney D Young told me to suck it. Another hit my parked truck in a parking lot, mine was parked, keys not in the ignition yet their customer said I was parked crooked so it was my fault, Farmers said suck it. The last one admitted he was at fault, it was obvious since he rear ended me and two weeks later I finally got my truck fixed.

You are right though, filing a claim can make your rates go up. Then again so will getting a speeding ticket, hail damage, someone keying your car, etc... I've filed an uninsured motorist claim and three theft claims and haven't had an increase since I've been with Allstate. My homeowners has gone up considerably with them and they are outrageous for insurance on my motorcycles though (have Geico on them). Then again I have 3 cars and my house insured through them and have had for the last 10+ years. One person with a Mustang is probably a little riskier.

Comment

My insurance knows whats going on but I am waiting for his insurance to pay up. I called the guy personally to ask if he was insured, and he says that he has full coverage. He also claims that this is the city of Grapevines fault for not having signs posted of how traffic is supposed to go(left turn only arrows etc.). After him telling me this I immediately went to the intersection to take pictures of the approach and the signs showing it being a turn only lane that he was in. He just isn't very observant and failed to follow traffic law. It is illegal to make a lane change in the middle of an intersection, especially while making a left turn. He is clearly at fault and told the police officer, who was wearing a camera and microphone, that he was trying to make the illegal lane change.
        2011 GT, 300A Rapid Spec. 6spd, 3.73 gears. Best 1/8th mile:09/10/2011 8.35@86

Comment

Working...
        X