5 day old car gets hit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 day old car gets hit.

Is it possible to get the insurance companies to buy you a new car when something this new gets damaged? I don't want a car that has been wrecked and I just got it 5 days ago. Grapevine police came to the scene and I am not at fault. The douche that hit me had insurance I.D. but when I called them, they said his vehicle might not be covered on that policy.
    2011 GT, 300A Rapid Spec. 6spd, 3.73 gears. Best 1/8th mile:09/10/2011 8.35@86

S.O.to the L.

Comment

If you don't have some sort of specific coverage for that, I highly doubt it.

Comment

Highly unlikely, since the value of the car is already considerably less than it was 5 days ago even if it hadn't been damaged in an accident.

Comment

My insurance follows the Driver - not the car .... if HE is insured, I would think you've got a case ...
          sigpic
          08 Mustang GT - NOT Stock ..... HPP Flex fuel tunes - 537/515 RWHP/RWT

Click for Little Elm, Texas Forecast

Comment

how bad was the wreck?

Comment

Take it to the shop a lil ding won't hurt it.

Comment

Man that sucks, with that bright ass orange paint you would think your car would be hard to run into.
                Originally posted by Nash B.
                Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Pics?

Comment

In simple terms NO. Unless the vehicle is totaled and your own insurance policy has replacement coverage, you are SOL.

Comment

Your mom is SOL, too, if you decide to stop paying on the wrecked car.. I keeeed.

Is it really totaled? Can we get some damage pics? Sorry to hear...

Comment

not totaled, it's just that I don't want a car that has been wrecked. I'm sure they will have to do some sort of body filler and I just don't want that junk on my car.

Comment

Originally posted by Brain View Post
                          not totaled, it's just that I don't want a car that has been wrecked. I'm sure they will have to do some sort of body filler and I just don't want that junk on my car.
                          Wellll, that is the risk of driving a car. Don't expect the insurance company to replace your brand new car because it got a dent. It doesn't work that way.

As a matter of fact, nothing works that way.

You can't bang a virgin and then trade her in....oh wait, bad example.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            how bad was the wreck?
                            dent in the door, quarter panel, rear wheel scuffed, rear bumper on the lower part scrapped.

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                            Take it to the shop a lil ding won't hurt it.
                            No matter how small the ding, it hurts really bad.
                            Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                            Man that sucks, with that bright ass orange paint you would think your car would be hard to run into.
                            man, no shit right?
                            Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            Pics?
                            yes sir, just give me a few
                            Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                            In simple terms NO. Unless the vehicle is totaled and your own insurance policy has replacement coverage, you are SOL.
                            damn it.!!!
                            Originally posted by threefortytwo View Post
                            Your mom is SOL, too, if you decide to stop paying on the wrecked car.. I keeeed.
                            I am the primary, they will come after me, not her. Words of the finance man Anthony at five star.
                            Is it really totaled? Can we get some damage pics? Sorry to hear...
                            pretty sure it isn't totaled, but it sucks really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              Wellll, that is the risk of driving a car. Don't expect the insurance company to replace your brand new car because it got a dent. It doesn't work that way.

As a matter of fact, nothing works that way.

You can't bang a virgin and then trade her in....oh wait, bad example.
                              sure you can, lol!!
                              Last edited by Brain; 04-22-2011, 10:45 AM. Reason: had to add the LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X