Need to get a title... but how...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to get a title... but how...

So I got a used stang off the brother in law. Great. So I'm back in the stang hobby. Whatever. The problem is, he let the car sit for 6 years and of course he had to lose the title. So now, the state of Oklahoma wants 800 fucking dollars to print him a new title. But I'm in texas and now the car is mine and I've got no idea how to best circumvent the local government bullshit that says I have to get some kind of fucking bond in order to get this done. Is there some way I can... fuck I don't know... get like a salvage title or something on this car? I know jack dick about all this shady bureaucracy bullshit. Fuck the title office.

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
    So I got a used stang off the brother in law. Great. So I'm back in the stang hobby. Whatever. The problem is, he let the car sit for 6 years and of course he had to lose the title. So now, the state of Oklahoma wants 800 fucking dollars to print him a new title. But I'm in texas and now the car is mine and I've got no idea how to best circumvent the local government bullshit that says I have to get some kind of fucking bond in order to get this done. Is there some way I can... fuck I don't know... get like a salvage title or something on this car? I know jack dick about all this shady bureaucracy bullshit. Fuck the title office.
    Sorry can't help you.
    Last edited by Mike; 04-21-2011, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Me either, sorry.

Comment

Bonded title.

That's the route I'm having to go with my 72 burb and 65 Impala. Might get a little hairy since yours was last titled in Oklahomo.
        G'Day Mate

Comment

I had to get a bonded title for a similar situation with a foxbody years back. Bonded Title is just about your only option and you're going to have to drop some coin measured against the value of the car. It's an annoying hassle.

Comment

Seeing as you have issues with wanting to find out proper information yourself, I figured I would just get it for you.

Any further questions should be directed to this link.

Comment

I think someone on the board can bond titles. From what I've read you have to submit paperwork to the state, then send that form to a bonding agency and they charge like $15 per $1000 of value or a minimum of $100.
              G'Day Mate

Comment

Working...
              X