Anyone familiar with Revit MEP & AutoCAD MEP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone familiar with Revit MEP & AutoCAD MEP

What is the differences? Pros and cons? Between Autodesk MEP & Revit MEP 2012.

What do you mean what are the differences? You're the lead CAD guy, you don't know?

Revit is endless as far as possibilities. And everyone in our industry is moving towards Revit. I have to assume that is due to Revit having more capabilities.

Revit demos are fucking crazy. A consultant I know sets up a station at trade shows, and just runs loops of Revit to show potential clients. It's kickass. He can show everything, how certain flows don't work, etc. He can zoom in to anything in the plan no matter how big, or small. He can zoom in to the fucking inside of a door lock for crying out loud. It's cool as shit, I think. I understand, though, there is a TON of front end work for Revit. CAD blocks don't work in Revit. You have to recreate them. But once they are there, they are there for good like with CAD.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I've never messed with Revit until today just installed it. It's a whole new ball game seems like. I'm great with CAD though and got 4-5 years experience. My whole entire career I've been working with CAD. Only had one job and this is it.

Exactly like you've said though everyone is moving towards Revit and it really is badass I'm steady trying to learn. My first day screwing around with the program.

Comment

I am familiar with Auto CAD, but this new program I haven't heard of, what do you think of it so far?
        Wanna see my care face???

Comment

We use Revit Arch here. some bad ass software.
          2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

ProE/Creos is where it's at!!! Unless of course you work with layouts, which it sounds like you may.

Comment

Have fun typing "VV" all freaking day

Comment

FWIW you can DL trials from autodesk.

Autocad is the old method of drafting where you essential dimension every line as you make it. While with Revit its more dynamic and can allow you easily plop down a general shape/floorplan and the dynamically dimension it on the fly and even after the fact.

I'm using it in my architecture classes and while it has few frustrating parts, once its learned its really much faster than autocad could ever be.

Comment

Were looking for electrical engineers or electrical designers. If your interested pm me.

Comment

Working...
                  X