No announcement yet.

Company loyalty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I guess you can't claim Obama unemployment pay.

Comment

The company I currently work for is pretty damn loyal, but when another company offered $30 more an hour they found a way in a contract for the other company not to hire me for over a year...

Needless to say I'm not pleased..
      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Company loyalty died when "employees" became "resources".
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Par for the course
          Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
          Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
            The company I currently work for is pretty damn loyal, but when another company offered $30 more an hour they found a way in a contract for the other company not to hire me for over a year...

Are you saying you signed a no compete, and didn't know it? If so, that's on you, not them. I can't think of a single instance where I'd sign a no compete clause. And FWIW, there are ways around it.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

$30 more an hour? I'm soo in the wrong career. What do you do?

Comment

Hey everybody, look at this guy.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                  You have to put a leash on your loyalty to a company. I do this by not over booking myself with work. That way I can still meet all my commitments but still put in a lot of hours.

Generally speaking for your 100% commitment, only expect 10-20% in return. That's why, in my opinion your local management/direct report can make or break your experience with a company. They can show loyalty on behalf of the company that you'll never see from positions above their level. (Kind of like you make them look good, they make you look good...etc...etc)
                  Nailed it.

Comment

Add company loyalty to the overrated thread. I think the only ones who are truely loyal to the company they work for anymore are ones with unions...or atleast it seems that way.

Comment

Working...
                    X