Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever work for a company with a bad reputation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever work for a company with a bad reputation?

My company is relatively small and pretty unknown but last year we were bought out by a larger company. This larger company has had some PR issues in the past and still takes a beating online.

We are trying to hire some people for our office here locally and so far 2 have contacted us back to say that they aren't interested in working for the company after reading about it online.

This really blows for us, becuase everything negative about our parent company has absolutely zero to do with our own business..

Ugh..

Pep Boys. After working there for a year I realized it was a hard earned and fully deserved reputation. Worst company I've ever worked for. I'm surprised they're still in business.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      My company is relatively small and pretty unknown but last year we were bought out by a larger company. This larger company has had some PR issues in the past and still takes a beating online.

We are trying to hire some people for our office here locally and so far 2 have contacted us back to say that they aren't interested in working for the company after reading about it online.

This really blows for us, becuase everything negative about our parent company has absolutely zero to do with our own business..

Ugh..
      Sounds like working for ANY insurance company.
      Originally posted by Vertnut
      I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

but they do everything for less....

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

i know you've got a bad reputation, and isn't just talk talk talk...

BofA nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
            but they do everything for less....

god bless.

Know how? If someone got a couple hours of ot because we were shorthanded(we were ALWAYS shorthanded), the manager would just polietly shave those hours off back down to 40. You know, for the good of the company!

Comment

If the pay and benefits are right I can careless what someones personal experience with the company, ie management and upper management is. Those are typically individual case issues and shouldn't speak for the company as a whole.

I have a very biased opinion on this matter though. Maybe it is a bad thought process but I work where I am responsible for outsourcing stuff constantly overseas. Seeing how people lose their jobs all the time I am extremely grateful for where I am at so I typically don't mind the extra abuse or what someone would typically complain about. It is the nature of the beast. Don't like it, go somewhere else...
              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

KBR in Iraq. Need I say more?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                  KBR in Iraq. Need I say more?
                  Fuck you beat me to it.

KBR in Afghanistan and Iraq.....

That is okay cause in 2 years Fluor will be the new KBR.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I worked for the shitbag organization that is a frequently at the top of jobvent.com's worst companies.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                      Fuck you beat me to it.

KBR in Afghanistan and Iraq.....

That is okay cause in 2 years Fluor will be the new KBR.
                      Or where ever else you go.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        Pep Boys. After working there for a year I realized it was a hard earned and fully deserved reputation. Worst company I've ever worked for. I'm surprised they're still in business.
                        I concur. I was in a position a few years ago when I owned my '66. I didn't want to deal with it and brought it to them to replace my wheel studs. I told them to look at everything I brought to make sure there were no issues. They said "yeah, yeah its good, its fine blah blah". About 30 minutes later my car goes on the lift, wheels and studs out, and they tell me that the studs I brought won't work. They actually had the audacity (after I asked if they would work) to rush me and tell me I needed to find new ones quick as I am h olding up customers.

I politely in a different set of words told them to fuck off and you guys signed off on the things I brought.

I don't care for them either to say the least.
                        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Sounds like working for a large bank. I hear it every day.

Comment

Yes it sucks. Went to work at a place acting like they wanted to add a shop/dyno to compliment parts. After working there awhile,i started seeing why people werent getting their parts swiftly and phone never answered. Lady was lazy and quite a BSer. Sucked knowing peoples stuff was there and just not getting shipped. Or waiting couple days to make a larger order.
                            Just stick with it. Nowadays the job pickens are getting slim,somebody has to show up ready to take a position. What kinda job if i may ask,sis is outta work

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                              I concur. I was in a position a few years ago when I owned my '66. I didn't want to deal with it and brought it to them to replace my wheel studs. I told them to look at everything I brought to make sure there were no issues. They said "yeah, yeah its good, its fine blah blah". About 30 minutes later my car goes on the lift, wheels and studs out, and they tell me that the studs I brought won't work. They actually had the audacity (after I asked if they would work) to rush me and tell me I needed to find new ones quick as I am h olding up customers.

I politely in a different set of words told them to fuck off and you guys signed off on the things I brought.

I don't care for them either to say the least.

I was constantly dumbfounded working there. I think the corporate strategy was:
                              "what is the correct way to handle this situation?"
                              "okay, let's do the 180 degree opposite.."

Comment

Working...
                              X