Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insurance Adjusters.... gotta love em....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance Adjusters.... gotta love em....

Just got my first one of 2011 fired. If anyone is dealing with an adjuster and having issues. Don't try to be confrontational, or even debate it. Just get on the phone with their manager and your agent... and avoid your frustrations.

This particular adjuster thought so highly of himself and the way he mistreated my clients, that he even called to brag while he was still on site preparing his estimate. Mother fucker cancels and reschedules with them 3 times causing the insured to lose those 3 days of work then has the nerve to tell them it's because they're not a big client is why he kept bumping their appointment. THEN, tells them that roofers don't know what they're doing and he just so happen to have worked for the roofing company that provided my client with an estimate earlier last week.

He refuses to review the bid provided by the roofing company, and refuses to get on the house to inspect. (single story low pitch roof, so no excuses) He said since he used to work at that place, that he doesn't have to consider their recommendations since he knows for fact that Allen has less experience than him. My response... Who the hell is Allen, and why do I care about that at all? I want to know why you're talking to my customer like this. His response, "because I know more than Allen and he's the one that did this estimate from Lon Smith."

He told my customers that the tornado that hit their street wasn't bad and he didn't see what all the fuss was about. He told my customers to quit making their loss out to be so tragic when it's only about 15k worth of damage so far. The customer wanted to ask a few more questions about the roof damage and he point blank told her he was done talking about the roof and the discussion was no longer open. He told her that they were only going to discuss what he wanted to discuss and if she didn't like that then it was too bad because they were stuck with him. I have a feeling this guy woke up hating life and was looking for an out so that he didn't have to come back to work.

I have no idea where some people get off thinking they're allowed to treat others however they deem fit, but had the guy not called me to brag, he'd still be employed.
    Originally posted by Vertnut
    I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

good, weed out all the bad ones before something happens to my roof!

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
      good, weed out all the bad ones before something happens to my roof!
      I'm getting it done one by one! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
        Just got my first one of 2011 fired. If anyone is dealing with an adjuster and having issues. Don't try to be confrontational, or even debate it. Just get on the phone with their manager and your agent... and avoid your frustrations.

This particular adjuster thought so highly of himself and the way he mistreated my clients, that he even called to brag while he was still on site preparing his estimate. Mother fucker cancels and reschedules with them 3 times causing the insured to lose those 3 days of work then has the nerve to tell them it's because they're not a big client is why he kept bumping their appointment. THEN, tells them that roofers don't know what they're doing and he just so happen to have worked for the roofing company that provided my client with an estimate earlier last week.

He refuses to review the bid provided by the roofing company, and refuses to get on the house to inspect. (single story low pitch roof, so no excuses) He said since he used to work at that place, that he doesn't have to consider their recommendations since he knows for fact that Allen has less experience than him. My response... Who the hell is Allen, and why do I care about that at all? I want to know why you're talking to my customer like this. His response, "because I know more than Allen and he's the one that did this estimate from Lon Smith."

He told my customers that the tornado that hit their street wasn't bad and he didn't see what all the fuss was about. He told my customers to quit making their loss out to be so tragic when it's only about 15k worth of damage so far. The customer wanted to ask a few more questions about the roof damage and he point blank told her he was done talking about the roof and the discussion was no longer open. He told her that they were only going to discuss what he wanted to discuss and if she didn't like that then it was too bad because they were stuck with him. I have a feeling this guy woke up hating life and was looking for an out so that he didn't have to come back to work.

I have no idea where some people get off thinking they're allowed to treat others however they deem fit, but had the guy not called me to brag, he'd still be employed.
        What a dick! Hell, even a "small" tornado can be a devastating sonuvabitch.

Comment

What an idiot. Glad you got him taken care of!

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
            What a dick! Hell, even a "small" tornado can be a devastating sonuvabitch.
            When I was first contacted by the insured, I knew they were justifiably stressed due to the damage to their home and that perhaps that stress could be a contributing factor to the way they filtered this adjusters approach.

After I received a call from him (he had no clue she had contacted me while he was talking to her husband), his attitude was authentic and disturbing.

I have NEVER... since 1995, dealt with an adjuster like this one. It was bound to happen, of course, but damn!

Comment

Based on what you've posted, the guy needed to go away. You done good.

Having been through a very minor tornado, I can tell you it wasn't minor for me. Afterward the last thing I needed was a smartass adjuster.

Comment

My butt hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                  My butt hurts.
                  I bet, especially since it's the bad apples ruining the bunch that makes your job so much easier!

Comment

There are ALOT of adjusters like this.... Just sayin

Not all of them are like that though.

Alot of them are nice when they come and inspect and do an adjustment but when they leave it's a whole different story

But good to hear you helped out with his now unemployed job status

Comment

LOLz. The last time I had an adjuster being a cock to me about a claim, I got in my car and drove to their office. It all got resolved to my satisfaction shortly after.

Comment

Tornado = pretty fucking bad all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by hookem06 View Post
                          There are ALOT of adjusters like this.... Just sayin

Not all of them are like that though.

Alot of them are nice when they come and inspect and do an adjustment but when they leave it's a whole different story

But good to hear you helped out with his now unemployed job status
                          I was so fucking pissed after my client called, and then HE called, that I got in my car and drove straight over to my clients house where I stayed for 3+ hours until shit was straight.

The territorial field manager that I called took himself off a job to meet me out there and square off with that sum'bitch adjuster.

Today I'm going to walk the back 20 acres to count and photograph every single tree in their wooded area that is blown over. If they want to be sticklers, they're about to get stuck with every possible coverage exposure owed regardless of significance to the dwelling or insured. I'm also going to meet the plumber to dig up lateral lines, photograph, document and get checks dispatched on that as well. Then meet with the tree service to discuss the 10k pound tree root that has to be loaded up and hauled off. Gonna get at least another 2500 for that one tree alone

What could've been simple enough is about to really cost this cheesewad every penny I can possibly squeeze out of this for the client.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            Tornado = pretty fucking bad all the time.

That's my opinion. Never have I considered someone's loss to real and personal property anything less than urgent.

Comment

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
                              That's my opinion. Never have I considered someone's loss to real and personal property anything less than urgent.
                              i usually celebrate. if i owned an insurance company i'd want my adjusters to fuck your balls off also, more money for me
                              pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Working...
                              X