Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get the best deal on a engagement/wedding ring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get the best deal on a engagement/wedding ring?

Okay, I know, I know, "don't do it", "run", etc. Seriously though, getting my ducks in a row to take the plunge and don't want to pad anyones pockets. How can you get the best deal on a engagement ring and wedding ring. Thinking about 1ct, white gold, princess or cushion cut, eternity band wedding ring.

Any advice would be great. I figure like most things these have a fairly steep mark-up and they pray on the suckers who walk into the mall and finance their life away. Any way to avoid the b.s. and get the most for your money?

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
    Any way to avoid the b.s. and get the most for your money?
    Yup, don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      Yup, don't do it.

Comment

Find a newly divorced woman. They sell 'em cheap.

But I'd still say don't do it.

Comment

Mark up on them regardless is going to be ridiculous but the mall will have the most.
          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
            Okay, I know, I know, "don't do it", "run", etc. Seriously though, getting my ducks in a row to take the plunge and don't want to pad anyones pockets. How can you get the best deal on a engagement ring and wedding ring. Thinking about 1ct, white gold, princess or cushion cut, eternity band wedding ring.

Any advice would be great. I figure like most things these have a fairly steep mark-up and they pray on the suckers who walk into the mall and finance their life away. Any way to avoid the b.s. and get the most for your money?
            Believe it or not, Sam's Club has great prices on certified and uncertified diamonds. http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/pr...navAction=push

They were one of the few places here that have true eternity bands in stock. Mine is $999 at sam's, and to order from zales, they want $1800 for a step down in quality, and $2500 for a comparable ring. http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/pr...185&navAction=

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post

Or a guy trying to get rid of one that was given back. I have seen plenty of them on here. Don't tell the woman where you got it from though.

Comment

That's how I got my engagement/wedding set. Made me look like a champ!

Comment

Avoid malls. Go to stand alone places that have been around for a long time so you know that any repair/warranty work can be done.

It's not the setting that you'll find your savings, it's the stone.

Research your stone selection on Blue Nile and make a bunch of notes. Go to the jeweler of your choice and try and find simliar stones so you can compare prices and let them know you're ready to purchase now. Once you find the similiar stones and get the quote be prepared to say thanks, but no thanks, and walk out. They will do what it takes to keep you from walking out the door.

I did this at Robbins Brothers and walked out paying 30% less than what they original wanted for it. It took 5 hours and being there after hours to get it done, but in the end I left feeling good about it.

Comment

I used a local guy in Greenville. He knew my parents and helped me out where he could.

The price break seems to be 1ct. The price difference between a .99ct and 1ct is ridiculous.

I got her a .95ct certified diamond that was clear and had minor flaws that were not visible to the naked eye for a little under 5k. Had him work up a band with another .6ct of baggetts along the band and the ring was right at 7k out the door. Had it appraised at 10k+ a little while later.

Find a small out of the way independant jeweler, they will have good deals and the time to work with you personally.
                    G'Day Mate

Comment

nomarriage.com

Comment

How to get the best deal is to buy a cheap one, since it doesn't fucking matter anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post

This is the truth sadly. Got a $2300 wedding ring set for $550.

She hated her man.

My wife loves the set.

Comment

Go silver with no stones. We bought Keltic from Ireland that had meaning and we both love ours. Less then 200 for both imported.

Oh and not because we are cheap, because there is to much hype in gold and diamond rings. Silver looks like the platnum also.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

The Jewelry Exchange in Richardson was good to us. We got a great deal..and my ring is guaranteed to be appraised for twice what we paid.
                              sigpic

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X