Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mtn Bike Guys: Any feedback on this trail in Arlington?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mtn Bike Guys: Any feedback on this trail in Arlington?

Anyone been to this mountain bike trail in Arlington? Feedback? Good or bad?

Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

looks slow

Comment

My gf is a novice rider and we may go slow on the trail at times. Is the track full of experienced riders that will get pissed? Is the trail wide enough for faster riders to get around us?
      Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

I doubt there are many mountain bikers in here....just mostly lazy fatties.

Comment

32vfromhell might be able to tell you.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

River legacy has some challenging areas but can be ridden by a beginner with no prblem. Lots of bypass areas if you dont feel up to the terrain. Its a good trail

As for other riders, as long as you yeild by pulling off to the side there'll never be a problem. Its single track, do its a mutual thing when it xomes to passing.

If you havent checked out the Dorba trail map section, i recommend it - you'll likely find other trails you never knew existed. Www.dorba,org

Comment

I rode there pretty regular a few years ago, it's a fun trail and good to start on.

Comment

I think its a fun trail and its fine for beginners.

Comment

As far as technical it's weak sauce. I can't say how busy it get's these days though.
                  It should be a good trail for you and your wife to get acquainted with mountain biking.
                  When you're up for a challenge go hit Samson Park.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryJ View Post
                    As far as technical it's weak sauce. I can't say how busy it get's these days though.
                    It should be a good trail for you and your wife to get acquainted with mountain biking.
                    When you're up for a challenge go hit Samson Park.
                    I agree, but imo sansom is too damn rocky for a hardtail mtb lol Not to mention if you fall, you are going to land on cactus.

Also there is not much scenery out there either. Its challenging, but not fun.

I usually go to Big Cedar Wilderness Trails in Cedar hill, much more scenery, and also challenging while fun.

Comment

To answer the op's question, river legacy is a great trail. Especially for novice riders. There is a fairly new extension called EKG. Very fun, lots of ups and downs.

Like said above, the trail is single track (like most trails in dfw) Just use common courtesy and pull over when needed. I've taken my 5 year old nephew out there a couple of times and never had anyone get mad at us.

Comment

With the exception of ekg and fun town, river legacy is perfect for beginners. Hell I've only ridden a handful of times and the challenging parts aren't bad.

Comment

I have a buddy that rides it all the time, even at night (dude is nuts).. I say give it a try, i don't particularly care if i ever come across slower riders because we have all been there.. slow that is.

btw I rode Erwin Park today.. good trail as well.... but i ride arbor hills in Plano couple times a week..

Comment

Also I don't know if construction on the parking lot is finished. If it's not the temp entrance is still at the exit. Dorba explains where everything is.

Comment

I want to run River Legacy soon. From what I hear, it may not be "difficult" but its fun as hell.

Comment

Working...
                              X