Finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally

Ok guys i finally picked an 1998 Honda accord..
    I'm pleased with it.. The body And paint I's flawless actually i thought it was to flawless for the age.. Well we got to dig deep into it.. I was In a minor fender bender at some point.. The check
    Engine light was on when i bought it.. And guy told me was loose gas cap, which it was loose but never went off. How many miles do you need to drive before it resets itself.. The interior I's flawless.. My other question I's at a red light it idles a little rough like the rpms are to low. It idles about 500 when you speed up there rpms to about 700 it smooths out. Also anyone have any stock 4 lug Honda 15 inch rims let me know.. Thanks for the help

O yeah i gave 3400 for the car

Comment

Comment

Damm that big ass cookie looks good

Comment

Should of took it to have the CEL checked before buying.

Each car has a different drive cycle to reset the CEL. Google 1998 Accord drive cycle

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad? View Post
            Damm that big ass cookie looks good
            That's exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

Are you sure it's a check engine light and not the maintenance light? The maintenance light comes on at specific intervals and can easily be reset, does not mean something is wrong with the car.

Learn how to do just about everything at ehow. Find expert advice along with How To videos and articles, including instructions on how to make, cook, grow, or do almost anything.

Comment

How many miles on it? A tune up is easy on those cars, and it could help the idle issue and CEL. My daughter is driving a '98 V6 Accord we've had forever, and it's got 160k on it. Someone mentioned the "maintenance" light, and it does resemble the CEL.

Comment

Check the motor mounts for tears, cracks, rot, etc. When they go bad on those cars, they tend to develop vibrations when idling in gear. Usually you can see/feel the top of the steering wheel vibrate, and the dash usually rattles.

My mom used to have a 97 Acura CL which is based on the Accord chassis, and it developed a rough idle in gear at about 100k. A new mount solved the issue completely, IIRC it was the rear mount.
                  Make sure the timing belt has been done and if not, you should probably change it when you do the mounts(you have to pull the mounts to install the TB anyway). They are bulletproof if you maintain them.
                  2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

Gonna try to smuggle some people across the border in it?
                    Originally posted by Nash B.
                    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad? View Post
                      Ok guys i finally picked an 1998 Honda accord..
                      I'm pleased with it.. The body And paint I's flawless actually i thought it was to flawless for the age.. Well we got to dig deep into it.. I was In a minor fender bender at some point.. The check
                      Engine light was on when i bought it.. And guy told me was loose gas cap, which it was loose but never went off. How many miles do you need to drive before it resets itself.. The interior I's flawless.. My other question I's at a red light it idles a little rough like the rpms are to low. It idles about 500 when you speed up there rpms to about 700 it smooths out. Also anyone have any stock 4 lug Honda 15 inch rims let me know.. Thanks for the help
                      But the real question is...do you think it will make the trip down to Mexico and back???

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                        Gonna try to smuggle some people across the border in it?
                        haha...you beat me to it!

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                          But the real question is...do you think it will make the trip down to Mexico and back???
                          REPOST!

Edit: damn you beat me to reposting you, lol.
                          Originally posted by Nash B.
                          Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Are you related to Lincolnboy?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              Are you related to Lincolnboy?
                              Lmao. I was thinking the exact same thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X