I'll bet this guy's is a lot bigger than yours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll bet this guy's is a lot bigger than yours

I'm not sure whether to put this here or in the Armory section. Move it if you like - I just wanted to get it out there.

That fucker is cartoon big! But I bet it makes a great varmint gun.

Comment

Varmint gun?

Comment

Thats a huge bitch! Was that Billy Bob Thorton??

Comment

Not as powerful as a 10mm!!!!

Comment

Why? Great diameter, but the case is pretty short, it can't have that high of a velocity.

3,600 gr (230 g) 2,200 ft/s (670 m/s) 38,685 ft·lbf (52,450 J) - Not bad, around where I suspected. 28k of energy delivery is pretty ridiculous.

As its name implies, rifles chambered for the cartridge have a bore diameter of 0.950", which would normally classify them as Destructive Devices under the 1968 (1934) National Firearms Act. However, SSK sought and received a "Sporting Use Exception" to de-regulate the rifles, meaning they can be purchased like any other Title I rifle by a person over age 18 with no felonious criminal record.[citation needed] The rifles themselves, of which only a handful have been made, use McMillan stocks and extraordinarily thick Krieger barrels bearing an 18 lb (8.2 kg) muzzle brake. Overall, depending on options, the rifles weigh from 80 to 110 pounds (36 to 50 kg) and are therefore only useful for shooting from a bench rest or heavy bipod.[3] Despite the weight, recoil is significant, and shooters must be sure to choose components (i.e., scopes and bipods) that can handle the abuse. The sheer size and weight of these weapons makes them impractical for hunting use, as they cannot be carried afield. Thus, they are largely "range queens"—rifles that are brought to the range for a fun time, but not usually used for hunting or other "more practical" uses. Additionally, the cost of owning and operating such a firearm is beyond most shooters; the rifles cost ~US$8,000, loaded cartridges are $40 each, and the individual lathe-turned bronze bullets are $10 apiece.[4]
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

where would you even get ammo for something like that?
              1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

I will never bitch about the recoil on a .45-90 Express again lol

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                  where would you even get ammo for something like that?
                  Google'd "950 JDJ ammo"....

Comment

it needs a bigger scope! all dick and no balls sorta speak

Comment

100lb rifle? Fuck that. Time to build a Gauss gun.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                        it needs a bigger scope! all dick and no balls sorta speak
                        Not sure if I would want a big scope near my eye socket on that beast.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

roughly a 5oz bullet right?

seems like that might feel like getting hit in the shoulder by a 5lb sledge hammer swung by Schwarzenegger......while running!

Comment

Why were the yelling to slowly lock the bolt? Design flaw maybe?

That is one gun I'm more than happy to watch other people use. Everyone of those people seemed to be in pain afterwards.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                            X