No announcement yet.

300 whisper info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, has anyone found non-suppressed related info as to gas block location and supersonic ammo info for 16" barrels? I'm going to build an upper instead of buy one and need help determining if I need a pistol or carbine length system.

Comment

Originally posted by 94StangFiveO View Post
      So, has anyone found non-suppressed related info as to gas block location and supersonic ammo info for 16" barrels? I'm going to build an upper instead of buy one and need help determining if I need a pistol or carbine length system.

On this website they show both mid and carbine length 16" and 18" barrels for sale. With optional twists of 1x8.5 and 1x11, I assume the faster twist is for those interested in subs.
      "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation... one is by the sword... the other is by debt." John Adams 1826

Comment

I'll be using supersonic ammo and not sub for this upper. I'm under the impression that the piston length system will give more pressure and greater velocities than the carbine length system. Is this correct?

Comment

Originally posted by 94StangFiveO View Post
          I'll be using supersonic ammo and not sub for this upper. I'm under the impression that the piston length system will give more pressure and greater velocities than the carbine length system. Is this correct?
          Greater bolt velocities. I.E. it'll be a stronger recoil pulse. Anything beyond "enough" to cycle the gun is just excess energy that hammers on parts. That's why the need for pistol, carbine, mid, and rifle length. You only need enough gas to get the job done.

An adjustable gas block would probably be in order.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
            Greater bolt velocities. I.E. it'll be a stronger recoil pulse. Anything beyond "enough" to cycle the gun is just excess energy that hammers on parts. That's why the need for pistol, carbine, mid, and rifle length. You only need enough gas to get the job done.

An adjustable gas block would probably be in order.
            If I decide to suppress this one I'll get an adjustable gas block. For now I just plan on running supersonic rounds. My understanding is I should be OK with the carbine length for this build because the pistol length or more for subsonic rounds.

Comment

Working...
            X