How to Restore this magazine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Restore this magazine?

So I accidentally left the mag to my deer rifle outside for about 4 months, it actually fared fairly well, but there is some rust on the bottom plate. I've never had to deal with rust or re bluing, what would yall suggest to bring this back up to decent looking shape. The body and spring must be made out of some good stainless, they have 0 damage, so it functions fine. This things go for $120 even on ebay.

glass bead to remove corossion, polish, and re-blue. You live far as shit away or I would do it for you in 5 minutes.

Comment

Here's a guide using toothbrush and steel wool if you don't have access to blaster.

That keyboard looks like it could use some love too, haha.
      WRX

Comment

holy shit dude, clean your keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
          it was also outside next to the mag for 4 months!

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
            I knew that was coming, it is at the shop, but that is still not a good excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
              I knew that was coming, it is at the shop, but that is still not a good excuse.
              now imagine all that junk inside your computer

Comment

Probably why my work laptop and printer only last 2-3 yrs on average. Between just normal west texas dirt and having a caliched yard with trucks coming in and out things get pretty dusty here.

Comment

$120 mags! What kind of rifle do you hunt with, some obscure WW2 relic you bought from Dohctr?
                  I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Looks like a Sako85
                    QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                      $120 mags! What kind of rifle do you hunt with, some obscure WW2 relic you bought from Dohctr?
                      Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
                      Looks like a Sako85
                      It is, I couldn't believe the price when I looked it up. They are $150 if you order it from Sako.

Comment

steel wool, cold blue, blowtorch, rag.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Put vactan on it and carry on..... Unless you want it pretty then steel wool and reblue.

Comment

Working...
                          X