Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting problem - pistol length gas block on midlength rail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    Okay, I need to buy AA1680 for subsonic, and H110 for supersonic. Broke at the moment with various jeep projects.
    PM me a shoping list.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I went with the Samson Evolution rails as they had the CLOSEST on the market parts to fit these needs. The initial rail comes with a 4" bolt on rail and 2 2" bolt on rails. Because I have a 9" barrel I opted for their 4" Evolution extension infront of the gas block. All total I have 11" of handguard on a 9" barrelled gun. I wished I could get the sum of the two down to 9.5"-10" with a much shorter spacer or less material past the gas block on the first section.

The quality is great and the fit is very precise to the gun; however I had a few issues with the sum of MY parts which have turned me off.

You can see in this picture the plug needs to milled ever so slightly to push through the front rail extension.

You can see here that hitting the bolts on the gas block required a Allen with a swivel head. Because of this and the ID of the rail being 1.650" you can not add their rail directly beneath the gas block area. When trying to do so the bolt holes start to not line up as you need them. Only way to correct this is to use a pinned style gas block for the piston kit.
      I measured and marked the blocks required position to ride center on the barrl's gas port. It can not move forward any and not cover the gas holes.

All said it is a great rail but I think I am putting the gun back to DI. But using a Samson 9" Evolution rail.
      Last edited by KBScobravert; 02-15-2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

sounds like you're losing your nerve! I'll take that rail off your hands if that's the case.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

sounds like you're losing your nerve! I'll take that rail off your hands if that's the case.
          You need to come over this weekend and we can colaborate on it. As a DI gun (10 minutes of work) I can shoot it suppressed this weekend. Besides I have powder and bullets for you.

Did the package from Amazon show up at your house yet with the risers/diffusers?

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            You need to come over this weekend and we can colaborate on it. As a DI gun (10 minutes of work) I can shoot it suppressed this weekend. Besides I have powder and bullets for you.

Did the package from Amazon show up at your house yet with the risers/diffusers?
            Shit I'm still in my office. I'll let you know, nothing yet. I can give you a pistol piston to use if you need one, just give me yours when you get it.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Shit I'm still in my office. I'll let you know, nothing yet. I can give you a pistol piston to use if you need one, just give me yours when you get it.
              I just found where the kits will be delivered to you on the 17th (friday)

My pistol piston has not shown up yet from Adams Arms.

Comment

Piston parts are in. Time for another range test to see what all the fuss is about with the 300 and piston design.

Comment

Working...
                X