Well here goes nothing..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well here goes nothing..

Decided to load some buckshot loads for my next hunt. I'm just tired of paying the high price for buckshot. Loaded some Winchester Universal 12ga hulls with 23.0gr unique w/ a WAA12 I cut the petals off, 9 00 buckshot pellets with a piece of cardboard on top for a good crimp. Should be around 1200fps give or take. I wanted to load some low recoil cheap 2-3/4" buckshot.

According to my calculations I can load 70 shells for $26.00. Not bad, $0.37/each compared to $0.90/each retail - or more than twice as cheap. And I can control all aspects.

I've got 100lbs of lead and I think I'll get a caster and cut that price down to $0.08/each.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Man... I've got to get into the reloading hobby. I spent a mint on my last vacation.

Comment

250 rd Royal Rio 00 Buck for for $100. That's roughly $0.40 a round. I think my time is probably worth more that the $.04 per round I'd be saving.

SGAmmo bulk ammo for sale. Largest selection online for in stock cheap ammunition!
      It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

Originally posted by jtm98snake View Post
        250 rd Royal Rio 00 Buck for for $100. That's roughly $0.40 a round. I think my time is probably worth more that the $.04 per round I'd be saving.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/rio/25...hot-9-pellet-1
        Rio is garbage quality though, I have a bag of those. You do have to pay $20+25 to ship that also. Its all knowledge motivated, understand the ammunition master the weapon. If I was looking to swing dicks the money invested in those shells would cover the cost of a caster and cut the cost to half of even that.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

And once you get the load figured out, it doesn't take hardly any time at all to run a hundred rounds through a shotshell press (or a progressive press for metal cartridges).
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
            And once you get the load figured out, it doesn't take hardly any time at all to run a hundred rounds through a shotshell press (or a progressive press for metal cartridges).
            Hey Nash, have you ever loaded brass 12ga shells like WW2 old stock?

Comment

No, just plastic.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
              X