Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explain to me why full auto is so expensive..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explain to me why full auto is so expensive..

After doing a little reading on here and the rest of the internet I see that the process that one has to go through and the cost to legally own a full auto weapon is not too bad if you have a little patience. What I do not understand is why the hell are full auto weapons upwards of 10k. It would seem to me that very little is different from say a semi auto rifle to its full auto counterpart. So why the huge price difference?

Basically anything we as private individuals can own was banned in 86.

Comment

I believe it is illegal to import new ones, which would cause the price to go up, but I might be wrong on that point. Even still, they are legal to own, with exceptions and and kind of restriction usually drives up the price because they are "rare" or "hard to get". Also, any kind of government restriction on anything automatically makes it sought after. Look at alcohol during prohibition.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

yep, they arent making anything pre-86 anymore obviously, so if you have it and someone else wants it then see how much they will pay.

I too think the prices people pay for this stuff is retarded.

Comment

I would have to sell a kidney for this...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=224239445

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
            I believe it is illegal to import new ones, which would cause the price to go up, but I might be wrong on that point. Even still, they are legal to own, with exceptions and and kind of restriction usually drives up the price because they are "rare" or "hard to get". Also, any kind of government restriction on anything automatically makes it sought after. Look at alcohol during prohibition.
            You can import parts kits, but they can't be made in any other form than semi-auto.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Ronald Reagan signed a bill in 1986 banning the new production of full autos to civilians. All the ones made and registered prior to 86 are fair game.
              Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                Ronald Reagan signed a bill in 1986 banning the new production of full autos to civilians. All the ones made and registered prior to 86 are fairly expensive.
                just right now
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I always wondered the same thing? What process does it take? And some people here at work were saying you could "conversion kits" that are legal? But I was a bit skeptical about it.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                    I would have to sell a kidney for this...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=224239445
                    I love mine.

Comment

Ronald Reagan signed a bill in 1986 banning the new production of full autos to civilians. All the ones made and registered prior to 86 are fair game.
                      And the GCA of 68 banned any NFA item for import for private sales.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                        I love mine.
                        Even though I havent shot it,,, I love yours too!
                        "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                        http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                        Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                        Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                        http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                        www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, Reagan was a douche. Ever since I first learned about this a few years ago it has pissed me off that all the modern Republicans think he was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Not to mention he was not a fiscal conservative; he spent money like no one else had up to that point.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                            Yeah, Reagan was a douche. Ever since I first learned about this a few years ago it has pissed me off that all the modern Republicans think he was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Not to mention he was not a fiscal conservative; he spent money like no one else had up to that point.
                            I would be careful with that statement. Reagan wasn't a douche. The castle doctrin wasn't even a passed bill. It went into law unconstitutionally. If you want to be mad at someone, get mad at Charlie Rangel's fraudulent ass.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                              I would be careful with that statement. Reagan wasn't a douche. The castle doctrin wasn't even a passed bill. It went into law unconstitutionally. If you want to be mad at someone, get mad at Charlie Rangel's fraudulent ass.
                              Where did the castle doctrine come in? We were talking about the gun control act.

I've heard the gun control act supposedly didn't pass and the video of the vote is missing. I wouldn't be surprised at all to find proof that was true with the way the asshats run this country. But even still, properly passed in the Legislature or not, Reagan still signed it and therefore supported it, so he is a douche, as is anyone who is in support of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X