Next GB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next GB?

Any insight on what it may be? I saw upper / barrels. Would it be just one option for each of those or could we pick the barrel we wanted?

Subscribing... I didn't jump on the lower GB but I am interested in the upper GB.
    Last edited by Mike K; 04-15-2011, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
      Any insight on what it may be? I saw upper / barrels. Would it be just one option for each of those or could we pick the barrel we wanted?
      I bought 2 LPK's and 2 Stripped lowers. I am making 1 a 5.45x39 AR and the other a 20" or 24"

If the next GB is for just standard 16" stuff, meh. Does the 5.45x39 round require a special bolt and carrier group, or will a .223 work, just needs a different barrel? If not, I will be in for an upper and barrel.

Comment

I am down for some uppers, barrels, whateva. I have 13 bare lowers to play with.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I'm sure CJ will post something up when we get done with this GB.

Comment

I found barrels at 100 pcs they would do $91 each

Description:
            USA manufactured .223/5.56 stripped 16" 1:9 twist AR15 HEAVY BARREL, Threaded 1/2 x 28 tpi, with gas hole drilled and chamber extension installed. Military parkerized finish, not chrome lined.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
              I found barrels at 100 pcs they would do $91 each

Description:
              USA manufactured .223/5.56 stripped 16" 1:9 twist AR15 HEAVY BARREL, Threaded 1/2 x 28 tpi, with gas hole drilled and chamber extension installed. Military parkerized finish, not chrome lined.
              The vendor I've been working with can do $90 barrels 5.56mm and 6.8mm with a 5 unit minimum. He can also do M16 BCG's for cheap as well as (hopefully) upper receivers - I'm a little reluctant to use surplus ammo again, they were so hairbrained about organization.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Definately in on M16 BCGs as long as its good quality stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                  The vendor I've been working with can do $90 barrels 5.56mm and 6.8mm with a 5 unit minimum. He can also do M16 BCG's for cheap as well as (hopefully) upper receivers - I'm a little reluctant to use surplus ammo again, they were so hairbrained about organization.
                  Can M16 BCG fire 5.45x39 rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                    5.45x39 uses a different bolt but the same carrier as the AR-15/M-16

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                      Sounds like that is the way to go.....

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                        You need a PPC bolt face.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                        X