My new savage .17 HMR 93FVSS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
    The savage is a better rifle. It has the accutrigger which is quite nice if it floats your boat.

To me the question is Savage or CZ. Dollar for dollar, you won't touch either of them with anything else.
    The model I saw didn't have an accutrigger so I wasn't sure if it was a good deal. But i think i might just go with the Savage.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXRK5 View Post
      The model I saw didn't have an accutrigger so I wasn't sure if it was a good deal. But i think i might just go with the Savage.
      If it's used, it may not have an accutrigger. Some of the lower end ones don't have one, either. If you buy a non-accutrigger model, and want to clean up the trigger action, Sharp Shooter Supply sells a good trigger for it. I'm not sure who else would. I can't check gun stuff out at work.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I don't even think they make heavy barrel models any more without the accutrigger.

and 325 isn't an amazing deal. Dick's sports sells on for 299$ with a crappy 3-9x40 scope.

Comment

Bass Pro has the laminated thumbhole stock version w/Accutrigger for $339 right now...
          They also have the camo stocked version with camo 3x9x40 scope, also w/Accutrigger for $299

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
            I don't even think they make heavy barrel models any more without the accutrigger.

and 325 isn't an amazing deal. Dick's sports sells on for 299$ with a crappy 3-9x40 scope.
            Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
            Bass Pro has the laminated thumbhole stock version w/Accutrigger for $339 right now...
            They also have the camo stocked version with camo 3x9x40 scope, also w/Accutrigger for $299
            So i'd be better off shopping elsewhere it seems? I saw that price on Savage's website i believe.

Comment

So i'd be better off shopping elsewhere it seems? I saw that price on Savage's website i believe.
              That's what the manufacturer likes to call MSRP.

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                Where will they let you shoot 100 with a rimfire? Not Alpine, right?
                I was actually shooting at alpine when I took these pics. I spoke with the range marshall and he told me that as long as I was hitting the paper at 50 yards, he wouldn't have any problem with me shooting at the 100 yard range.

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
                  I have always wanted one of these guns and finally purchased one this weekend. It's really a fun gun to shoot.

I added a Redfield 3-9x40 scope.

I have also attached my groupings after about 10 rounds of sighting the gun in.
                  I see no 5.0 in your future.

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton View Post
                    I see no 5.0 in your future.
                    No. If gas prices go the way they are it will be a small daily driver.

Comment

I haven't pissed on anyone's tree today.

10/22 with a shitty trigger @ 50y.

Your gun will put 5 under a dime at 50y if you do your part; assuming it shoots like every other Savage I've shot.

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
                        I was actually shooting at alpine when I took these pics. I spoke with the range marshall and he told me that as long as I was hitting the paper at 50 yards, he wouldn't have any problem with me shooting at the 100 yard range.
                        Yeah, that's why I asked. Which range master was it, do you know? The older guy, the newer young guy? I hope he's there next time I go out, id love to take the 10/22 to 100.
                        "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                        -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Most ranges will not let you shoot 22 at 100, but will let you shoot 17 out that far.

Comment

Working...
                          X