10/22 mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WOMACK03 View Post
    I went with Volquartsen everything. Bedding, tg 2000, extractor, pin , bolt, ect.....
    I bought the 10/22T model from a guy on this site, and then went crazy with parts.
    I have been very pleased.
    Who did your bedding and for how much?

98sohc281 w/an 03 motor swap with hitech stage 2 cams,jlt intake,c and l upper, longtube headers,o/r x-pipe with No cats dumped ,4:10 gears and a 3k stall w/a lil spray

Comment

Originally posted by 98sohc281 View Post
      You do realize that some 10/22s shoot .5moa right out of the box with a little trigger work, right?
      Bedding your stock, etc doesn't necessarily improve the shooting of your rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by WOMACK03 View Post
        I went with Volquartsen everything. Bedding, tg 2000, extractor, pin , bolt, ect.....
        I bought the 10/22T model from a guy on this site, and then went crazy with parts.
        I have been very pleased.
        Originally posted by 98sohc281 View Post
        You can also do the bedding yourself if you read up on it. Word case you have to get a new stock...

Oh and damn... unless youre competitively shooting it, I cant imagine buying all Volquartsen parts. Those things are spendy!

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
          You can also do the bedding yourself if you read up on it.
          THIS!

I used the Volq. bedding\ free-float kit.

Modding guns, like modding cars, can be expensive; but it is worth every penny.

Comment

Here is my modded 10/22 specs: hogue stock, volquartsen trigger group, tactical solutions barrel, tactical innovations charging handle, Eotech 552 optic, Silencerco Sparrow suppressor, and of course butler creek steel lips magazine.

Last edited by Boomhauer; 04-16-2011, 06:04 PM.

Comment

How do you like that TS barrel? Damn nice optics for that gun, but how usable is it? I mean yours looks like its set up rather nicely to shoot ~.5 MOA, but can that scope keep up? Figured the dot would be at least 1 MOA.

Comment

Yeah I can shoot 2 inch groups at 25yrds free hand with 25 rounds as fast as I can pull the trigger. I built this gun for my critter and plinking fun so .5moa is not my goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomhauer View Post
                  Yeah I can shoot 2 inch groups at 25yrds free hand with 25 rounds as fast as I can pull the trigger. I built this gun for my critter and plinking fun so .5moa is not my goal.
                  Sounds sweet. I was thinking about that Hogue. How do you like it? Figured it might be a better fit for a bigger guy like me instead of that tiny wood thing on it now. Really small grip

Comment

I like the hogue stock it seems to have a better grip to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X