10/22 mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
    I dont know exactly where I got the info, but ar15 has a bunch of free info-

Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear.

There is a good thread.
    Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
    Thanks for the links.

98sohc281 w/an 03 motor swap with hitech stage 2 cams,jlt intake,c and l upper, longtube headers,o/r x-pipe with No cats dumped ,4:10 gears and a 3k stall w/a lil spray

Comment

Originally posted by 98sohc281 View Post
      Whats mods and sights are you guys putting on your 10/22?
      I shot my 10/22 for the first time today and I have to say the irons are pretty badass, even out to 100 yds. Yea there is some drop, but a scope wont help much with that unless you get a Nikon with BDC or a mil-dot. Otherwise, you just gotta compensate.

I made the mistake of buying one of the plastic lip Butler Creek mags, and damn they suck. I had about 10 misfeeds out of about 400 rounds fired out of it today. I will DEFINITELY be getting the metal lipped ones and a mag loader for it. Otherwise, this gun will stay as-is for a while. Its a total blast to shoot and costs almost nothing.

The only bitch is the tear-down. Getting that bolt back in and lined up with the charging handle is a PITA.

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
        I shot my 10/22 for the first time today and I have to say the irons are pretty badass, even out to 100 yds. Yea there is some drop, but a scope wont help much with that unless you get a Nikon with BDC or a mil-dot. Otherwise, you just gotta compensate.

I made the mistake of buying one of the plastic lip Butler Creek mags, and damn they suck. I had about 10 misfeeds out of about 400 rounds fired out of it today. I will DEFINITELY be getting the metal lipped ones and a mag loader for it. Otherwise, this gun will stay as-is for a while. Its a total blast to shoot and costs almost nothing.

The only bitch is the tear-down. Getting that bolt back in and lined up with the charging handle is a PITA.
        Yeah it takes a little experience, but it's damn easy when you get it down. Trick is to install the spring and charging handle. Pull it back by grabbing the handle with one hand, and then use your index finger to push down the spring side all the way down till it stops. Then hold it at the charging handle, slide your bolt in. While pushing down on the bolt, release the charging handle and it will snap down into place.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          Yeah it takes a little experience, but it's damn easy when you get it down. Trick is to install the spring and charging handle. Pull it back by grabbing the handle with one hand, and then use your index finger to push down the spring side all the way down till it stops. Then hold it at the charging handle, slide your bolt in. While pushing down on the bolt, release the charging handle and it will snap down into place.
          Yea the only problem I faced was the place where the charging handle rode on the spring kept binding up since the rifle is so new. Even after oiling the shit out of it, it seized up a bit because of how it tweaks that rod when you pull back on it w/o anything to keep it straight. I'll try your way next time.

Comment

Yea the only problem I faced was the place where the charging handle rode on the spring kept binding up since the rifle is so new. Even after oiling the shit out of it, it seized up a bit because of how it tweaks that rod when you pull back on it w/o anything to keep it straight. I'll try your way next time.
            Yeah the binding thing is normal, they will always do that. Just bring the charging handle all the way back until it stops, then hold it there, slide your bolt onto it (it will not lock yet) then slowly release the charging handle and push the bolt down into it, it should lock in.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Or you could just zero your scope @ 100y. That's always a thought.

Comment

Or you could just zero your scope @ 100y. That's always a thought.
                With the amount of drop at 100yds it would be next to worthless at 20yds

Comment

Not sure if it's me, my iron sights, or something else but I've put close to 500 rounds through my rifle and I find it shoots to the left. Trying to figure out why.

Here's an easy free mod that CJ told me about.

Originally posted by Jester
                  Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                  He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                  Originally posted by Denny
                  What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                  FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

With the amount of drop at 100yds it would be next to worthless at 20yds
                    4 inches low at 100, 2 inches high at 50. 20 should be pretty close to flat.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                      Not sure if it's me, my iron sights, or something else but I've put close to 500 rounds through my rifle and I find it shoots to the left. Trying to figure out why.

Here's an easy free mod that CJ told me about.

Does that empty the mag when you pull the trigger (continuous fire) or is it auto bursts depending upon trigger pull?

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                        Does that empty the mag when you pull the trigger (continuous fire) or is it auto bursts depending upon trigger pull?
                        It does neither, this allows you to pull the charging handle back and let go in order to close the bolt, where normally you have to pull the charging handle back and press the bolt release down in front of the trigger.

Watch from 8:20 and on to see the final product.

Here's what you're doing to the piece that is being modified. You can buy this pieces after market but there's no point when you can do it yourself.

I've seen the full auto modifications but I've no clue what mods are done to those.
                        Last edited by motoman; 04-11-2011, 01:33 PM.
                        Originally posted by Jester
                        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                        Originally posted by Denny
                        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

FWLIW, I added Tech-Sights aperture sights to both of mine, and like them! I have a hard time focusing (it's hell getting old!), but have shot pretty well with them (nothing like lack of data, eh?)...

Comment

4 inches low at 100, 2 inches high at 50. 20 should be pretty close to flat.
                            Ok so my previous statement is incorrect and it would be worthless at 50 yards...

Comment

Ok so my previous statement is incorrect and it would be worthless at 50 yards...
                              amateur

Comment

I went with Volquartsen everything. Bedding, tg 2000, extractor, pin , bolt, ect.....
                                I bought the 10/22T model from a guy on this site, and then went crazy with parts.
                                I have been very pleased.

Comment

Working...
                                X