School me on this orange 1911 tool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School me on this orange 1911 tool.

Yale tells me it's a chamber flag, which I have no reason to doubt, but it certainly isn't easy to get in. It fits and makes sense, but the "nose" is no where near the diameter of the barrels ID, and falls out unless you lock the slide on it.

Is this the proper usage?

Yes and i have the same 1911 btw.
    You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

I always though safety devices like that were generally intended for the slide/whatever to be engaged to hold it in place or to otherwise indicate the weapon is clear of bullets.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
          Lol
          X2

Comment

Lol
            Awesome, your friend is trying to learn about his gun, and all you have to offer is "lol."

Comment

Empty chamber indicator.
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Tactical function disabler.

You got the high visibility model. Pretty sweet.

Although I should note that Kimbers dont really need an additional function disabler, they have already managed to implement several into the design.
                Originally posted by lincolnboy
                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  Awesome, your friend is trying to learn about his gun, and all you have to offer is "lol."
                  You've ignored everything else I've ever told you about guns, so didn't feel like inconveniencing the electrons. Plus, Yale already gave you the info.

Comment

You've ignored everything else I've ever told you about guns, so didn't feel like inconveniencing the electrons. Plus, Yale already gave you the info.
                    Because I didn't buy the STI? I've never ignored your advice, I'm just the type that likes to make my own mistakes. I've not once given you a "lol" when asking rudimentary diet or exercise questions. Well, except maybe when bench pressing.

I'm admittedly ignorant to alot in regards to firearms, so this is a stupid question I suppose, but there's nothing in the literature given that explains it's function. Gotta start from somewhere.

Comment

Because I didn't buy the STI? I've never ignored your advice, I'm just the type that likes to make my own mistakes. I've not once given you a "lol" when asking rudimentary diet or exercise questions. Well, except maybe when bench pressing.

I'm admittedly ignorant to alot in regards to firearms, so this is a stupid question I suppose, but there's nothing in the literature given that explains it's function. Gotta start from somewhere.
                      It wasn't just the STI. You saw something shiny, and wanted it. Good on ya.

Did you by chance google "Chamber Flag"?

Comment

It wasn't just the STI. You saw something shiny, and wanted it. Good on ya.

Did you by chance google "Chamber Flag"?
                        If I knew what it was called, then I wouldn't have needed to google it. The fact that it doesn't "fit" anywhere had me wondering what it's used for. It's good to know though, because I'll use it the next time I fly back to TX for vacation, for that little added assurance for the TSA. Not that they'll know what it is either.

Ironically my gun is matte black, I got the tactical pro, not the Eclipse. The trigger and bullets are shiny though.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                          Tactical function disabler.

You got the high visibility model. Pretty sweet.

Although I should note that Kimbers dont really need an additional function disabler, they have already managed to implement several into the design.
                          For those of you that don't know Doc was molested by a Kimber as a small child.
                          2010 Ford SVT Raptor
                          2007 Saleen S281-SC
                          1998 BMW M Roadster
                          1961 Ford F100

Comment

If I knew what it was called, then I wouldn't have needed to google it.
                            Obviously you knew what it was called before you created this thread....

Comment

Yale tells me it's a chamber flag, which means that i know what it's called.
                              Originally posted by Big A
                              If I knew what it was called, then I wouldn't have needed to google it. The fact that it doesn't "fit" anywhere had me wondering what it's used for. It's good to know though, because I'll use it the next time I fly back to TX for vacation, for that little added assurance for the TSA. Not that they'll know what it is either.
                              It doesn't have to "fit". All it does is say "Hey dipshit who is too stupid to 'press check' a gun, look, it's empty!"
                              They normally get thrown away.

The TSA doesn't give two shits what you put in the chamber as long as it's not a live round. I've only checked a firearm about 200320303004 times.

Comment

Working...
                              X