Owning firearms on base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owning firearms on base

So I did a little digging and didn't find much. I found that mostly you are NOT allowed to keep firearms in barracks or dorms on base, but the regs on base housing was unclear. Most I found said it was up to the installation/base commander. Anyone have any experience w/ this or know who on base I should contact? No I cant call the Admiral at NAS Pensacola up and ask him lol.

Everything I've heard is they have to checked into the armory.

Comment

Every base I was ever stationed on, you had to turn them in to the base police/Provost Marshal/Masters at Arms. They would store them in the armory and if you wanted to take them off base, you had to make arrangements with them to pick them up and return them upon returning to base.
      I'd recommend getting in touch with them, or see if you can find the base regulation on it. What base? Pensacola?
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Have to be stored in the armory, unless you keep it on the DL.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
          Every base I was ever stationed on, you had to turn them in to the base police/Provost Marshal/Masters at Arms. They would store them in the armory and if you wanted to take them off base, you had to make arrangements with them to pick them up and return them upon returning to base.
          I'd recommend getting in touch with them, or see if you can find the base regulation on it. What base? Pensacola?
          Yea, Pcola. I know you cant have em in barracks or in the bachellor housing, but I'll be living in the Balfour Beatty townhomes on base. Navy regs say its up to the base commander, but I assume someone else actually handles it directly.

But Pcola doesn't have a damn base operator, so I cant call and ask for the armory or w/e

Comment

wouldnt who ever is in charge of housing on base or the armory be able to get that answer?

edit - im a slow typer

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
              Yea, Pcola. I know you cant have em in barracks or in the bachellor housing, but I'll be living in the Balfour Beatty townhomes on base. Navy regs say its up to the base commander, but I assume someone else actually handles it directly.

But Pcola doesn't have a damn base operator, so I cant call and ask for the armory or w/e
              Cool, I was stationed there for three years but I lived off base.
              Here's a link to the base police phone listings. I would guess that physical security could probably answer your questions. https://www.cnic.navy.mil/Pensacola/...tory/index.htm
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Call the law enforcement desk and they should be able to put you in touch with the armory. Technically you can't even have a paintball gun in base housing or dormitories. Anything that launches projectiles is supposed to be stored in the armory.

Comment

Why not get a super small storage unit off base, a safe, and renter's insurance? Then you can have access to your guns no matter what.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Every base I was at they had to be checked into the base armory, which meant the cops could take them out and fuck them up. Which they were known to do, with no repercussions. I kept mine in the dorm and just did not tell anyone and no one was the wiser until I moved off base. I refuse to give my guns up, for anyone.
                    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Called the housing, apparently you are allowed to have them in the houses as long as they are either

A. In a safe
                      B. Trigger locked

and are unloaded and have ammo stored separately.

Can you say biometric gun safe with a mag on the night stand?

Comment

Working...
                      X