ar15 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ar15 question

im new to ar15 and i know this has probably been asked before. i just got one yesterday(bushmaster). im not sure but im thinking its an a2 model?

my question is what would be a good(but cheap) optic just for plinking around?
    Last edited by runin90lx; 08-22-2011, 05:07 PM.

Originally posted by runin90lx View Post
    im new to ar15 and i know this has probably been asked before. i just got one yesterday(bushmaster). im not sure but im thinking its an a2 model?

my question is what would be a good(but cheap) optic just for plinking around?
    Are you wanting a scope or red dot?
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

red dot...guess i should have described that better LOL

Comment

CJ said you can't beat this for the money.

Cheaper Than Dirt! is America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter, and we live up to that title. Expect bulk ammo deals, discount firearms, parts to build your next gun and more.
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          CJ said you can't beat this for the money.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SCP009-34.html
          i ahve that on one of my 10/22's, its great. i am not sure how it would hold up on the ar though.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

will that mount on top of the carry handle? or will i have a mount as well? like i said..im new to this stuff LOL

Comment

It'll probably take an adapter of some sort to mount on a carry handle, but that's just my guess.

Comment

To mount that you'll need one of those picatinny rails that mounts to the rail. Some scopes do have the slot to mount directly, but a rail would be a better choice.

As for it holding up, I have one on a G3 and its doing fine.

will that mount on top of the carry handle? or will i have a mount as well? like i said..im new to this stuff LOL
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                  To mount that you'll need one of those picatinny rails that mounts to the rail. Some scopes do have the slot to mount directly, but a rail would be a better choice.

As for it holding up, I have one on a G3 and its doing fine.
                  Cheaper Than Dirt! is America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter, and we live up to that title. Expect bulk ammo deals, discount firearms, parts to build your next gun and more.

im assuming that is the correct piece

Comment

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ARR125-7.html

im assuming that is the correct piece
                    Yep but you want a picatinny
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

?? http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ARR054-7.html

thanks for the help

Comment

I'm confusilated now. That red dot says that it's a weaver mount, so wouldn't the first adapter work?
                        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                          I'm confusilated now. That red dot says that it's a weaver mount, so wouldn't the first adapter work?
                          It would, but you can't mount much of anything else. It will mount to a picatinny also.

Comment

Working...
                          X