Colt Woodsman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt Woodsman

Just wondering if anyone out here has some knowledge on these guns? I recently obtained one from a friend's estate and have been doing some research on it online but haven't had it officially appraised yet. From the serial number it appears to be from 53' which would make it a post war second generation, and it also has the 4.5" heavy barrel...which apparently is more desireable than the 6". It was in the original box, has all of the accessories, and also original paperwork. It's in really nice shape and appears to have only been fired a few times....the Colt bluing looks great still.

Anyways, I'm trying to figure about what this thing is worth...I know that Woodsman are considered collector pieces, especially since Colt quit making the Woodsman series some time ago, and for that matter probably will never make any 22 cal pistols again.

Some advice on the Colt forums have indicated as low as $700 in average shape with no accessories, and some have said as high as $1200-$1500 with the box and paper. I think I'd be a fool to take less than $1000 for it myself.
    Last edited by Rreemo; 03-31-2014, 03:36 PM.
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Very nice. My dad's Colt Woodsman was the first gun I ever shot. Not sure on the value but if you find the right buyer I would think they would pay a pretty hefty price for it if they have a sentimental connection to it like I do.
    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Working...
    X