X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-carry bill introduced?

Found on defensivecarry.com

Texas Legislature Online - 82(R) Text for HB 2756

Sections 46.035(a) and (h), Penal Code, are repealed.

Sec. 46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER.

(a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder carries a handgun on or about the license holder's person under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and intentionally fails to conceal the handgun.
    (h) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsection (a) that the actor, at the time of the commission of the offense, displayed the handgun under circumstances in which the actor would have been justified in the use of deadly force under Chapter 9.

What it appears to be is a piece of legislation that will allow CHL holders to carry unconcealed.

Correct me if I'm wrong please.

(a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder carries a handgun ... and intentionally fails to conceal the handgun.

That's the concise version. Show your piece, and you're in trouble unless...
    "that the actor, at the time of the commission of the offense, displayed the handgun under circumstances in which the actor would have been justified in the use of deadly force under Chapter 9."

Comment

You didnt read the whole thing or I'm reading it wrong. The parts quoted are the parts the bill are trying to REMOVE, I.E. not required to conceal

Comment

That seems like a strange thing to repeal. It seems more like they're taking away the offense from "printing/inadvertent display" etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
          That seems like a strange thing to repeal. It seems more like they're taking away the offense from "printing/inadvertent display" etc.
          Could be true, rather vague IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
            Could be true, rather vague IMO.
            Easing up on printing would be a big win for me.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
            X