Night Sights, Heine vs Trijicon/Meprolight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Sights, Heine vs Trijicon/Meprolight

This question is more focused towards the type of target picture and which is more effective all-around. I did a little searching and lots of the discussions were gun specific, or were not focused on being able to shoot at night (not sure why else you wanna have night sights...)

So after looking around I have found two basic types, the 3 dot and the "straight 8" - or 2 dot. Does anyone have objective (no pun intended) input about both? No Trijicon fanboys or people who have never fired either please.

I have the 3 dot now, but I have heard some good points about the 2 dot. I have even heard some people using a night site up front and no dots out back at all, which seems crazy to me because in very low light situations I don't see how you could line up your target. Basically narrowed it down to these two.

I think you should shoot them both and figure out what works best for you. My preference may be very different from yours.

Comment

FWIW I have a set of the 3 dot green Mepro's on my XD9 Service model and think they're great. The Mepro's will not work right on a XD40sc though. throws the POI off due to the short slide.

Comment

I've installed both Trijicon and Mepro. I personally think the Trijicon's are a little brighter than the Mepros, but they are both good quality. I would choose Trijicon's for my own pistol. Front sight only is not uncommon if you're a cheap ass. I personally think a 2 color front/rear match is the very best. Orange front sight, green rear sight - with quick acquisition it's much less confusing.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
        X