Ruger LCP FTE problems..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    FUCK AN LCP!! so 2 weeks ago i installed a new ejector, fast foward to yesterday.. shoot 2 mags through it... load the third and it jams trigger wong engage the hammer and the slide is back 1/4 inch.. drop the mag and jiggle it and get the live round out of the chamber.. reload the mag and the same shit happens only this time i have to take it inside of the range (garland and btw those guys are actually pretty cool) and both of us work on it to get the other live round out.. we had to use a screwdriver and let it fall out where the mag goes in.. Im gonna send it off next week and if it doesnt come back to where i can put 100 rounds through it without a glitch... ill never buy another one (this weapon has less than 200-225 through it now).
    Do you remember when ruger recalled them when they first came out? A sign of things to come

Comment

My dad just got one a month ago. Brought it home, cleaned and lubed it, took it out and fired 100 rounds and had no problems.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

mines been fine 2800rnds and counting

Comment

Originally posted by franks View Post
          2800? Are you shooting IPSC with it?

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
            2800? Are you shooting IPSC with it?
            No, i liked shooting but didn't like going to the range(alpine was too long,and thought Winchester would be croweded) when I first got it now have a range membership. I took it to the range and shot 6-10 boxes through it each time i went since they had been prone to problems. It was also my only gun for a long time. I've always shot atleast a box if I shot it at all.

Only problem has been a weak box of critical defense ammo. I shot one and the bullet landed about 20ft downrange

Comment

Stephen, you might check out elsiepeaforum.com (ghey name, I know) and see if that is a common problem and see what other people are doing about it.

I have an LCP, but I do not like shooting it this much.Holy crap.

You should start reloading if you don't already, im betting you could save yourself some money.

I guess I need to shoot mine when I go to Alpine this weekend, it has been a year or so since i fired it. I'm glad I have a small "carry gun", but it is just really not that fun to shoot.
              "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
              -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                Stephen, you might check out elsiepeaforum.com (ghey name, I know) and see if that is a common problem and see what other people are doing about it.

I have an LCP, but I do not like shooting it this much.Holy crap.

You should start reloading if you don't already, im betting you could save yourself some money.

I guess I need to shoot mine when I go to Alpine this weekend, it has been a year or so since i fired it. I'm glad I have a small "carry gun", but it is just really not that fun to shoot.
                These little carry guns are not designed to be shot more than a magazine of rounds at a time.The ergonomics are not suited for magazine after magazine after magazine of shooting. I have probably shot mine 100-150 rounds. With no problems I would and will trust my life with it.

OP CALL Ruger and send it in. There is no need to deal with an FFL when sending to and from the manufacture. Call them and tell them how dissappointed you are with the firearm and they will more than likely just send you a new one.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

No, i liked shooting but didn't like going to the range(alpine was too long,and thought Winchester would be croweded) when I first got it now have a range membership. I took it to the range and shot 6-10 boxes through it each time i went since they had been prone to problems. It was also my only gun for a long time. I've always shot atleast a box if I shot it at all.

Only problem has been a weak box of critical defense ammo. I shot one and the bullet landed about 20ft downrange
                  You put between 300 and 500 rounds per range trip through your LCP? Fuck man, .380 is expensive and those guns aren't that fun to shoot at paper. LOL

And Kbs is right, these little pocket guns are not designed to go into the thousands of rounds. The little plastic bastards just rattle themselves to death.

Comment

ill give you, they are not fun to shoot but i dont see any problems that are abnormal with mine after thousands of rounds. i have completely disassembled it 3-4 times to clean and inspect. it has very light signs of wear as expected with all guns. I use wilson combat gun grease and oil on it and have polished all polishable moving parts to aid in lowering the friction. I have never hesitated shooting it for fear of it comming apart or breaking. i figure at 5k rounds ill buy a new one.

lcp vs glock? i think they both would rattle themselves apart if that were the case
                    Last edited by franks; 04-28-2011, 10:26 PM.

Comment

ill give you, they are not fun to shoot but i dont see any problems that are abnormal with mine after thousands of rounds. i have completely disassembled it 3-4 times to clean and inspect. it has very light signs of wear as expected with all guns. I use wilson combat gun grease and oil on it and have polished all polishable moving parts to aid in lowering the friction. I have never hesitated shooting it for fear of it comming apart or breaking. i figure at 5k rounds ill buy a new one.

lcp vs glock? i think they both would rattle themselves apart if that were the case
                      You think that a pocket gun is designed to hold up as well as one the most durable handguns ever produced?

For example, the Rohrbaugh 9mm has an expected recoil spring service life of 200 rounds. Does that mean that it needs to be replaced? Nope, but it means that even the manufacturer is aware of how much punishment these little guns take.

Comment

i've got about 300-400 rounds through mine without a hiccup. im confindent i could it would not let me down if i needed it. as far as using it as a fulltime range gun...no thanks, its just not that pleasant to shoot.

oh yeah, and stepehn i'll give you $150 for it!

god bless.
                        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                          You think that a pocket gun is designed to hold up as well as one the most durable handguns ever produced?

For example, the Rohrbaugh 9mm has an expected recoil spring service life of 200 rounds. Does that mean that it needs to be replaced? Nope, but it means that even the manufacturer is aware of how much punishment these little guns take.
                          its just the spring size not the gun i replace my springs just to keep it tight and retuned the recoil spring for less recoil. you make it sound like the frame and slide separate easily after 1k rounds. i guarantee you that if it is taken care of it will go 10k plus rounds not problem

the Rohrbaughs i have seen are 9mm short(.380) not 9mm luger and are $1k they are in a lil different class.

OP. did you buy yours used? maybe someone took it apart and didnt have a clue how to put it back together getting those springs in the right place can be difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                            i took it apart today and it appears that the little arm that grabs the brass is broken..
                            I got lazy and didnt finish reading below. Ruger isnt known for there weapons much anymore, but there customer service is hard to rival. If you call and tell em about ur broken extractor, more then likely theyll send you a new part. My PD's weapons master loves when he has an issue with Ruger's only because they back there product.

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                              I got lazy and didnt finish reading below. Ruger isnt known for there weapons much anymore, but there customer service is hard to rival. If you call and tell em about ur broken extractor, more then likely theyll send you a new part. My PD's weapons master loves when he has an issue with Ruger's only because they back there product.
                              LMAO!! Sent mine off and when i got it back this was missing!

Also the top of the upper is scratched from the guy replacing the extractor and punching the pin in. Guess what... I bought and replaced the extractor once and did a better job.. I guess i got a bad one!
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X