Ruger LCP FTE problems..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruger LCP FTE problems..

has anyone ever had any luck sending a weapon in besides re-call stuff?
    My lcp failed to eject almost 10 times in a row at the range today.. i had to take a little stick and push the case out.. same issue with 3 types of ammo..

my lcp has less than 150 rounds through it and i have always cleaned it right after shooting.. If they charge me to fix it they will
    "PSH!!!"

? Limp wrist? Have someone else shoot it before you send it off

Comment

That sucks stephen. did geor drop it on your kitchen floor?

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I shot about 50 thru my LCP saturday with no problems.. (probley 350 total so far)

I have been using PMC bronze exclusively.
        WRX

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          That sucks stephen. did geor drop it on your kitchen floor?

god bless.
          i took it apart today and it appears that the little arm that grabs the brass is broken..
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
            i took it apart today and it appears that the little arm that grabs the brass is broken..
            Broken ejector.. cheap cheap.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              Broken ejector.. cheap cheap.
              Are you saying cheap to replace, or Ruger is using cheap stuff?
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Just a heads up....in case you don't know already.....don't load single rounds thru the top, only from the mag, this will chip or break ejectors on most auto pistols..

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                  Probably both, but I think he meant they are cheap to replace.

Originally posted by bronco71 View Post
                  Just a heads up....in case you don't know already.....don't load single rounds thru the top, only from the mag, this will chip or break ejectors on most auto pistols..
                  Why would you chamber load it? I've heard of people doing it on gun with larger magazines, but on a 6 rounder?

My Beretta PX4 Storm has 17rd magazines, that last round is a b to get in there, but on these things it is easy.
                  "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                  -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                    yeah shouldn't be more than a couple bucks. I just bought an LCP actually.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Just call Ruger. They'll probably just send an extractor to you free of charge.

Comment

well i paid for a new ejector/extractor.. hope it fixes it!!! anyone near the colony know how install one of these things? or is it pretty simple?
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                          well i paid for a new ejector/extractor.. hope it fixes it!!! anyone near the colony know how install one of these things? or is it pretty simple?
                          also on this note.. im gonna buy a kahr 9mm instead of the lc9 i dont care about the price difference.. this gun has less than 120 rounds through it
                          "PSH!!!"

Comment

just got the ejector in the mail and installed it... seems ready to fire again
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

FUCK AN LCP!! so 2 weeks ago i installed a new ejector, fast foward to yesterday.. shoot 2 mags through it... load the third and it jams trigger wong engage the hammer and the slide is back 1/4 inch.. drop the mag and jiggle it and get the live round out of the chamber.. reload the mag and the same shit happens only this time i have to take it inside of the range (garland and btw those guys are actually pretty cool) and both of us work on it to get the other live round out.. we had to use a screwdriver and let it fall out where the mag goes in.. Im gonna send it off next week and if it doesnt come back to where i can put 100 rounds through it without a glitch... ill never buy another one (this weapon has less than 200-225 through it now).
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X